1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Rock threatened by conservative author

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by gwayneco, Mar 14, 2012.

1. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

Link

The New York Times bestselling author of the explosive new book, Hollywood Hypocrites: The Devastating Truth About Obama’s Biggest Backers, Jason Mattera, had his crew’s camera snatched and hurled by comedian Chris Rock when he asked the star why he has called the Tea Party racist (video below).

“I was stunned,” said Mr. Mattera in an exclusive interview with Big Hollywood. “Tea Party members get called the worst things imaginable and still remain peaceful. But ask a big Hollywood celebrity to explain himself and the guy goes ballistic, wrestles the camera away from my camerawoman, chucks it 50 feet, and then challenges me to a fight. It’s unreal. And it perfectly illustrates why I decided to investigate and write Hollywood Hypocrites.”

The confrontation, which took place around 2:00 a.m. on January 23, 2012, at Spike Lee’s Sundance Film Festival after party at Tao night club, ended with Chris Rock challenging the conservative author to a fight, says Mr. Mattera:

“Chris Rock shouted, ‘You want to throw down? Let’s throw down right now!’ Of course, he was standing safely behind two bodyguards when he said it.”

2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I think you have your title backwards....and way too many tags. The situation looks like a TMZ episode; take out the wacky political spin and this is a TMZ hangout story.

3. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the camera "man" was a woman.

#waronwomen

4. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Jason Mattera had his cell phone tossed by Russell Brand in London yesterday.

[​IMG]

5. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

backwards bokeh.

6. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Jason Mattera and his camera person have been asking the tough questions of Hollywood elites for well over a year.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bqyl6SbZywg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Desperate conservative.

8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

LOL, I knew this seemed TMZish. Without looking deep into it, I'd wager this guy is mainly paparazzi who does "conservative writing" on the side. I doubt he's a legit believer or anything, I mean, he's freakin paparazzi so he's probably just trying to find a niche market to make some dough, which is fine with me.

9. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Tea Party isn't racist... the members (many of them) are.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Too bad they didn't beat the self-avowed racist into silence so as to not have me to have accidentally read this thread.

(Disclaimer: I don't usually THINK people are racists who should be beaten down, but when I do, I make sure it is somebody idolized by gweenerdog.

Stay tolerant, my friends.

< spanish guitar music>)

11. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Who cares?