1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul's Game Winning Double Block!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Mar 10, 2019.

1. SuraGotMadHops

That entire defensive possession was nails. Forcing the ball out of Luka's hands right away, then CP3 forcing Brunson right, knowing he is a lefty and when he puts up the shot it will be with his near hand. Hot damn that is basketball brilliance. I love cerebral ball!!

Louka and s3ts like this.
  2. SemisolidSnake

Amazing reference. Just phenomenal. Drinks are on me if we ever meet up.

hakeem94 and tinman like this.
  3. SemisolidSnake

For those who need an explanation, it's a reference to the song "Luka" by probably my favorite singer-songwriter, Suzanne Vega. The song's about a boy named Luka who clearly gets up by his parents every night but refuses to talk about it to others. The song's about a serious topic, but, man, it's a scorchingly brutal reference here. Amazing.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know it's a reference to a serious song (but with an amazingly happy pop vibe), that's the first thing that came in mind when they drafted 'Luka'.

SemisolidSnake likes this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yep. And injured or not, Luka's the one guy I don't want with the ball in his hands and the clock ticking down.

amaru likes this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

:D

7. amaru

amaru Member

Edit

After looking at it a second time, Harden didn’t hedge. He took advantage of his man’s poor spacing and doubled Luka. High IQ defensive play that he won’t get any credit for.

8. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Of all the game-winning scenario probabilities you can imagine... A CP3 buzzer-beating block is, like, way down there...

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That is the most beautiful Rockets meme that ever existed.