1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul's agent informs Hornets that star won't sign deal, wants to play in NY

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by srrono, Dec 1, 2011.

1. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

I think we should try and get paul..
    - if he stays and we get dwight we all good
    - if he still wants to go to new york we can possibly get landry fields ian sumfart or whatever hisname is and picks... maybe do a 3 way to get more?

- however i still say we go fore dwight first because if he wants to leave we can possibly get more back in a sign and trade

2. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I read through page 2 earlier. Did the OP post a link?

I wouldn't want to play for the Hornets.

3. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets have to take a shot getting Paul if they can, but I have serious reservations about how good and healthy Paul will be in the future. I have watched him a great deal and he is not quite the player he was. I would not be surprised if he continues declining.

4. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Morey has pieces to make a run at both players, but I don't think both players would want to be here though.

With NO, you could offer Lowry and Martin to their team, and NO would be a really strong team on paper. One of the problems with NO, they do not have a SG, and you have a piece they need. You add Martin with Ariza at the 3 and Lowry at PG, they'll have a really strong team. If they resign David West, they would be a legit contender in the West, and the NBA would be able to sell that team pretty quickly... I have no doubt about that. I would not offer any picks period. Giving up Houston's back court alone should be able to get this deal done, because there isn't any certainty that Paul will resign here in Houston.

For Houston doing this trade with NO, you get to play Lee at the SG who would be an ideal fit for CP3.

With Orlando, I don't know if there is a enough pieces to make a trade that they would want. I'm not sold Scola would be a guy they would want, but Scola, just IMO, has value in this league. You can offer Scola, the expiring contract of Thabeet, picks, and use the Rockets' trade exception for a player they want to unload. Arenas is going to be waived by Orlando regardless so for the sake of this arguement, let's not focus on taking his contract back. Turk's contract is going to be what Orlando wants to unload, and maybe Nelson's.

Orlando is in a tougher spot in regards to Howard, because if they trade Howard, they need to really unload some bad contracts. That's the only way they'll be able to put themselves in a real rebuild mode. Orlando really doesn't have much going for them period. No real prospects on their team, and I think they don't have a lot of picks either. Cutting salary and getting picks should be their focus if you ask me. NO doesn't have that same problem, because they could still be a good team with some minor tweaks.

Sorry for the long post. Just my thoughts. It's a pipe dream, but it's a gamble I would take. Problem the Rockets have is we really don't have a young prospect that can be worth leveraging in trade talks.