1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul's agent informs Hornets that star won't sign deal, wants to play in NY

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by srrono, Dec 1, 2011.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm sure that's his plan.

The NY3

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Who do the Knicks have to get Paul?

No one. Unless they are going to trade Melo or Amare, they have literally no one to make this deal.

I wish the CBA had a Franchise tag here. That way a team could trade for Paul and use it on his ___ so they'd at least get 2 years out of him.

3. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

What do you mean NY has no one to make the deal? NO doesn't have a choice.

4. plates300

plates300 Member

NY would basically have to gut whatever is left of their roster to trade for Paul. Ugh. Things like this make me hate the NBA more and more. Thanks a lot Miami for setting the precedent and screwing up the entire NBA landscape.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

is there any talk about what else CP wants? More fame? Opportunities aside from basketball?

If it's just about playing together, Houston needs to find a way to make it happen. I'm not sure there's another franchise that has what we have. Talent to trade, a good staff, facilities, stability(as in ownership/location), etc... We also don't have an alpha anymore, so they can come in and be 1-2, the faces of the franchise, which i think they really want.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mean other than Billups (whose too old any ways), Melo, and Amare that roster is not very good. They already gutted it to get Billups and Melo.

NO does have a choice to simply not trade CP3 for trash. See if another team is willing to take the risk. NYK will have to get a 3rd team involved...but again that will seem difficult because who will give them enough for Landry Fields?

7. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Trade for Paul, convince him to help us get Howard too. WAH-LAH! Oh man I wish...

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

LOL. NOLA could have avoided this catastrophe if they just traded him last season.

Hell, We'd have given them the 14th pick, Patterson and more. I'm glad we didn't.

No team will offer them anything more than a protected first round pick for him now.

9. smw6230

smw6230 Member

I tend to agree with you. If he refuses to extend, his trade value then becomes relative. Viewed like that the Knicks bad offer will likely be NO's best offer because nobody is going to trade you anything of value for a 20+ game rental.

The funny thing is that the Knicks might have a choice next summer of Deron Williams or Chris Paul.

10. lalala902102001

It's in the NBA's best interests to have a strong team in NYC. Expect Paul to get his wish.

11. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Ah that makes sense, I can see them sending Fields for Paul and filling in the roster with trash.

12. srrono

srrono Member

I propose the NBA down sizes to 4 teams only and go syraght to a play off. lol I mean really all the stars wont 3 headed monster teams now.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Why is this? The Knicks haven't been relevant in a long time and the NBA has done quite well. I think this notion is overblown.

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

He will be a free agent. Why should they be entitled to more than that?

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

16. srrono

srrono Member

Paul has reached out to Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard recently, encouraging Howard to find a way for the two to play together, sources told Yahoo! Sports. That would be a difficult scenario for the Knicks to make happen. Paul’s desire to join the Knicks was cemented after he spent so much time in New York over the summer with close friend, Carmelo Anthony.
    per hoopshype

17. da_juice

da_juice Member

They aren't entitled to anything, no one's saying that.

The point is that if that's the best offer the Knicks can get, then the Hornets shouldn't take the Knicks offer.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Ive seen tweets Dwight/CP3 are in talks to try to find a way to play together.

Theres a slight chance we could land them in trades.

19. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Agreed.

The post was moreso for the "player X is holding soon to be ex team hostage" crowd. I would rather a player make his intentions known upfront.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Exactly why the Hornets should not trade Paul for next to nothing.

Fields and whoever else is on the Knicks is next to nothing.

Hold on to him and see if a team is ambitious enough to try and get the two on the same team.

Just because Paul wants to play in NYK doesn't mean he can't be persuaded to play elsewhere.