1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul's actually been running the offense a lot better than Harden.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LorneMalvo, Feb 14, 2019.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol u reading to much....it makes more sense he hasn't played in a month. Let along a new player. He smart smart players fig things out. Like I said give this team 15 games healthy

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Na his best is at point...he won a mvp n this year is playing even better. I dont get people who want him to change. Just do exactly what u did last year. Get healthy

3. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

So which part do you disagree with? Do you even know what I said?

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OMG did you even see him play last night? He was a beast!!! We need him and Faried starting with James and Chris.
    Beast mode is best!!!!!

hakeem94 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  5. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I don’t know why James/MDS thinks he has to play that way to win. Play like a pg like you did two seasons ago. That means dribbling SOMEWHERE and passing. He’s not attacking early in the shot clock like Chris was last night. He was two seasons ago.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. JW86

JW86 Member

Chris runs it better because of his passing and it comes more natural for him. Harden needs to trust his teammates a bit more, but it’s a team thing. A mentality and how they’re coached. It’s not in Harden necessarily.

Hakeemtheking and RyanB like this.
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's like some fans here just started watching this season of the Rockets, 3 games ago.

Harden literally creates wide open shots for his teammates. Harden then passes them the ball for the wide open shot. Aaaaand they brick.

Has the CF narrative has turned on Harden, for some reason? Harden isn't exhibiting Kobe levels of ballhog - he's actively finding the open teammate and the open teammate is just bricking. Too many people look at Harden's shot attempts and come to conclude that he's not passing the ball to anyone throughout the game.

I wish someone with the resources could make a chart of all the would-be assists Harden would get every game, if the teammate had just knocked down the open shot. Harden would be averaging double digits assists this season.

#87 Juxtaposed Jolt, Feb 24, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    Balldon'tlie and Swiss Roll like this.
  8. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

People need to be giving credit to Paul and tucker for the veteran leadership.

Cp3 and capaela blew their first play with capaela missing layup, then they stick with it cp3 finds capaela in the lane for sweeping hook around 5:40 mark of 1st quarter which was minutes after capaela messed off a cp3 assist.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

HEs been a one-man crew this year. If you keep doing the same thing and expect a different result and haven’t won a championship, that’s on you. You bring in a hot point guard and pair him up with another hof point guard, you’re gonna have a bottleneck. Harden can still get his 30-50-60 points... he needs to play more like thompson... conserve energy and get that bal moving around again. He ain’t having that much fun playing up hill.

hakeem94, mike2k132 and Balldon'tlie like this.
  10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

the only person that took bad shots was Gordon. The offense runs much smoother with Cp3

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I think Harden has been uncharacteristically resorting to far too much ISO-ball lately for 3 reasons:

1) He's exhausted from carrying the team.
    2) He's nursing a bum shoulder.
    3) The streak.

Hopefully 1 and 2 subside with the team healthier now. And 3 will eventually end.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Chris Paul when healthy, is the best true point guard in the NBA

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

So what about last year. Did you know cp3 and james were teammates last year. I wonder why it worked last year lmao. How many games again has harden n cp3 playes together this year. Point I'm making harden was playing hero ball cause he had to with cp3 Gordon clint In n out of line up. When healthy like last year he will play dif. He has already proved the harden cp3 dual was one hamstrings away

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He has to show more than 10 great games and 40 mediocre games. And 30 games that he is out injured.

hakeem94 and glimmertwins like this.
  15. Roc Paint

You expect to see something from him when he’s out injured?

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The thing is he will never be that durable and on some nights those nagging injuries will still bother him, being able to play thru it.

That was directed at his contract situation not flashes of his brilliance.

The inability to stay healthy is crippling us long term and no real money to sign a star. Never denied his talent.

Roc Paint likes this.
  17. Roc Paint

I’m just looking for another chance with him running the show when it matters most

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I do agree with some of that. But, you will never see Harden get 17 assists, and it isn't because everyone is missing shots every game. That's simply not true. Almost everyone but EGO and gets half as many shots as James when he is running the show, even when red hot from behind the arc. That is simply because Harden quits feeding them as much and takes over, even when he starts out throwing bricks and others are hot. Look at FGA averages while James was on his 30 PT streak and tell me I am wrong.

hakeem94 and charlieaustin like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

When he is on, he is on.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

CP0 they said on cf’s

hakeem94 and BaselineFade like this.