1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul's actually been running the offense a lot better than Harden.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LorneMalvo, Feb 14, 2019.

1. aroundtheblock2

What part of on/off real plus minus do you not understand? I wanted to start a thread like this but people on here are far too half assed and emotional in their analysis.
    CP3 is playing fine, he was a lot more effective last night than Harden.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

He hasnt been as good as last year, thats it, period.

Yes he can, how often does that even happen, you think people's plan is to post up Paul the whole game, Id love that, see how that goes.

Bro, Im really not trying to be a dick, but thats just so false, you have the numbers there in front of you, we are better defense when he is on the floor period.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

It amazes me that a team with Gerald Green and Kenneth Faried people would actually think Chris Paul is the worst defender.

[​IMG]

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun want to half ass it but we all know what happens if you replace Harden with CP3 and one of them not playing.

CP3 can't really take his game to another level the way Harden can.

I hope he does in the playoffs, the team needs it sorely.

What do you want me to say? That a HOF PG is supposed to run a team accordingly, we pay him shet ton of money to do so.

Harden is fatigued, alright, CP3 being out all those games and still not playing like a star, says it all.

Obito likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

You are totally missing the point bro.

Supamanu likes this.
  6. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Chill dude you are making too much sense....you know the majority of the Clutchfans cannot tolerate that.

BasketMAD, Supamanu, cbs1507 and 3 others like this.
  7. threepointshot3

Lol cp0 is not even in Hardens stratosphere as a basketball player. Lay-off the drugs. Lorna malvo is a lin fan troll withi agenda

8. rockets13champs

Cuz he’s been passing the ball not chucking up 22 3’s a game

9. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

SMH - We're a playoff team in the west without Paul and Capella. We're a lottery team with Paul and Capella but without Harden.

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. BigBum

BigBum Member

I agree that CP3 plays bad defense because he needs to be healthy in the playoffs and he is too old to play fast defense.

Cp3 offense looks good to me.

bj3175 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not. I am just stating other facets and angles of this topic - running the team. Points that those dudes are avoiding talking.

Sure, he has a nice Plus and Minus, he does not rank high in Usage rate.

Somehow the OP tried to crap on Harden. I am usually not someone who defends Harden either.

12. mockster

mockster Member

Last week he’s was the worst player on the floor according to CF

It’s silly to think Paul in anyway sucks even on his worst nights. He isn’t what he use to be but we’re talking about a guy who still averages 8+ assist a night and will give you 10-30 on any given night. That’s not including his tremendous effort, defensive skills and above average rebounding for a guard his size. Not to mention his leadership and high IQ.

Better believe he’s going into another level time playoffs come around.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX and xaos like this.
  13. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

CP3 hasn't been the issue as much as Tucker and EGO.

14. BigBum

BigBum Member

If Paul is a lot of better offensive player than Harden, Harden may not be a top 50 offensive player this year.

OP ultilizes the words " a lot of better than Harden".

What does " a lot of better than Harden". means?

15. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Hot take alert. The streak needs to end. OP is right. The offense isn't operating at its highest level. Harden needs to stop worrying about scoring every time he touches the ball. That may be an overstatement, but everybody who is a fan can see it. It feels like the old OKC offenses with Westbrook and Durant where they would almost begrudgingly take turns each possession. Harden is way too good for that.

xaos and dcfma like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea he’s wrong for that, I’m not saying Chris is better either, but Harden should stop shouldering a load he doesn’t have to right now. He should let Chris run the offense a little more or at least look to pass more. But our offense isn’t really the issue tbh, it’s the defense.

17. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

lol Paul is running the secondary units most of the time.. against bench players. c'mon man.

ilovehtownbb, HP3 and daywalker02 like this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

In those 5 games, we won 3. That's 60%.

60% over a full season gets you 49 wins. How the f%$k did you get 70 wins out that? :confused:

How do you look at his time on the court and translate it to concrete wins???

Also, wasn't this one of Holic's tropes? The idea that the Rockets can't get it done with Harden as the "primary ball-handler"? Hmm... Hey, OP, how do you feel about Clint Capela?

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  19. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

For context, I'm all for CP handling the ball more, he generally makes the right decision and that's what we brought him in to do. If he's going to handle the rock more he absolutely needs to be more aggressive. He can't wait until the second half to get 6 shots up, not with this team.

That being said, most people think this is ridiculous because Harden has been carrying us all season, as opposed to 8 games, it's not ridiculous to trust the guy that put up back to back 50 point games and has willed us to wins over the guy that has played above average for most of the season.

I'm not choosing sides, and i'm all for CP taking some of the reigns if he's going to be aggressive but let's relax with the efficiency, the amount of minutes, amount of games and usage rate all take away from Hardens efficiency. Call a spade a spade, CP should handle the offense more because he's a great decision maker and to take some of the load off of James to prevent fatigue/injury, not because he's better at handling the offense.

20. riko

riko Member

Even Paul would laugh out loud in you’re face if you told him that he is a better offensive player then Harden. Harden is on course to having the best offensive season since Jordan’s 37 points a season. Unless you are missing a few brain cells no one in there right state of mind believes that.

jcf likes this.