1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul was on verge of being traded to Chicago yesterday?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Jun 2, 2019.

1. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Uh he played 32 min/game. That's not a backup.

Stormy1234 and dcfma like this.
  2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I don’t know about the players Chicago was offering but I don’t care. You don’t pay $40 mil for 3 more years to Chris Paul

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

I think you might be right.

If this report is correct, then the damage caused by almost trading CP3 could only be resolved by actually trading him.

whiskeyred likes this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Don't give clicks to this ****...

Gray_Jay, Patience, joshuaao and 4 others like this.
  5. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

This is gonna be a dramatic offseason. These crazy unfounded reports are just start of it.

napalm06 likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m sorry, but if u actually believe this then lol

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Where’s Potato Head, Scoop B, and the rest of the crew at tho?

don grahamleone and Ramo$e like this.
  8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Breaking*********

Butler driving through Houston!!!!

lw17 likes this.
  9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

When he's on the court with Harden , CP3 is just another guy. He doesn't shoot , defend or rebound at an elite level.

Essentially you are paying him $40m to give you 12 minutes of quality ball handling / distribution when Harden is not on the court.

That 20 minutes he's on the court with Harden , you'd be better off with someone who can give you some combination of elite shooting , defense or rebounding.

They don't compliment each other at all.

subtomic likes this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

Idc about the money man, I really like Cp as a player and want him to get a ring here. I still believe he has that "it" factor you need to win. Dont get me wrong like if the right deal comes along than go ahead and move him but I dont want any lesser players coming back so we could have some random shot in a potential free agency or trade. I want Cp to get a ring here and I know him and James work great together.

11. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

12. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Well, you're not ENTIRELY wrong (though I think your'e exaggerating a fair amount). But that's not the same as a backup.

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't suggest you move him for garbage …. you have to get some return. I just dont believe you have to get a star in return , just quality shooters / defenders who compliment Harden and the system.

And in many scenario's , you end up with $10-$14m in cap space , the use if the full MLE and BAE in addition to any players you get in return for CP3. That's a quick overhaul ….

#33 Corrosion, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  14. bmd

bmd Member

Bulllllllshiiiiiiiiit.

Not a chance in hell that's true.

Patience likes this.
  15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Ask yourself what he gives you while on the court with Harden - a mediocre shooter and a defensive liability in this switching scheme who cant get by defenders anymore.

Even when Harden isn't on the floor , CP3 isn't getting to the rim and breaking down defenses , Hell he gets switched onto a big and he's taking that high arcing jump shot more often than not rather than blowing by them and getting a layup or creating an opening for someone else.

Part of that is the system …. He needs more cutters and slashers around him to create havoc off the ball and give him passing lanes. That's the opposite of the scheme for Harden - spot up shooters.

When you look at it from the perspective of production and complimentary fit - he's just a glorified backup getting paid 30% of the cap.

GermanRoxFan and HP3 like this.
  16. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

This actually works.

[​IMG]

17. sogood.

sogood. Member

lmao so dumb.

Bulls ain't trading Markkanen for a washed up point guard getting paid 40 million a season.

Farhan583 and cjvnyc like this.
  18. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

It works for cap purposes, and it works for Houston. It sure doesn't work for Chicago.

luckyman76, TexasRedd, Game7 and 5 others like this.
  19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Fake news.

But I did want to trade up and draft him when he came out.

Smh

20. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Yeah, I guess he did 15 pts/game and 8+ assists, with solid 3 pt shooting and still pretty good defense all in 12 minutes a game,. Now THAT is some efficiency.

Yes, Paul's game is declining, and he's way overpaid. But your whole "backup" premise is completely absurd. Keep arguing if you like, but I'm done with this topic.