1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul Traded to Rockets!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 28, 2017.

?

Do you like the trade of Beverley, LouWill, Dekker, Harrell, 1st rounder to LAC for Chris Paul

Poll closed Jul 19, 2017.
  1. YES

676 vote(s)
    88.6%
  2. NO

87 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Them Clippers went straight to the slightly more expensive Gallinari 21-22 mill a year.

To be fair they unloaded Crawford's soon to be 14 Million.

2. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

you're dead?

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

When you get the best player in the trade, you win the trade 70% of the time, maybe more.

Chris Paul is definitely the best player in the trade, by far.

Yaosthirdleg and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own [OFFICIAL] @RocketsTruth Appreciation Thread

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't understand the anger with the people that dislike the trade. There are plenty of scrubby dekkers we can sign later on.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  6. FTW Rockets FTW

Glad you are on board about the scrubby Dekker. Dude had close to zero value. Better for some other team to deal with his drama and garbage

7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

drama? what drama??

[​IMG]

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  8. FTW Rockets FTW

As soon as Clips signed Gallinari, scrub got all salty and bitter

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

damn, Sam. sad!

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I can deal with the drama if there weren't so much scrubiness to scrub of. We just did not have time to wait for this guy to eventually become a role player. The only real loss is the wolverine, but Chris Paul easily replaces him. I'll still miss Pat.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  11. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Lot of people are exicted and all but If you read this "Rockets fans likely felt excitement after learning Houston acquired Paul. There’s a chance this excitement turned to anxiety after learning Paul opted in to the final year of his contract, but can become a free agent in 2018. This will create a lot of anticipation for the 2017-18 season, but also puts the pressure on the team to perform well. With the threat of Team Banana Boat in the background, there will be plenty of super team rumors involving Paul this season."

Its obvious hes waiting for next year for some contracts to go out so they can all team up in Lakers land. My guess is wade, Lebron, Carmelo and Cp3 all in purple for one last title run.

If houston was smart maybe they might trade paul if there is no indications he wants to do a long term deal near the trade deadline, that way Houston could get something from Lakers? Randle?

12. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

I played an exhibition game of Rockets vs Clippers and Chris Paul had 20 points to go along with 21 assists abd 5 steals! Harden was the leading scorer with 28 points and 6 assists.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

On what flight is he connecting.... never mind he already traded.

14. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Cool story bro!

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Why no Melo on the team?? Was he still on the flight to Houston when the game tipped off?

16. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

please ban this dumb poster.

Ming The King likes this.
  17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He could be right actually. I can't wait to hear what Paul says in his press conference.

Opting in kept Paul's options open. He will be eligible for the 5 year supermax here if we want to give it to him OR he could bolt and join Lebron if that option opens to him. That is a rumor that won't ever go away. Lebron and Paul have both said they want to play on a team together. Well, this next offseason they can make that happen if they want to.

I hope the question about an extension comes up.

18. jacoby

jacoby Member

Why can't the banana boat team happen in Houston though? Paul is already here. We can get rid of a bunch of contracts to clear up one more room for LeBron (granted he takes a paycut with CP3). Melo can sign for the minimum for a year if he gets bought out since he will get paid from NY, and Wade will also be a free agent next season too.

I'm probably describing a situation that @BimaThug can dispel easily with his knowledge of the cap, but if we clear our roster of everyone except Paul and Harden maybe it can work.

On an unrelated note, does anyone have pictures of Paul in Rockets gear? I saw the shorts and that one workout photo, but I'm curious if he posted anything else. I don't have social media.

19. mario_v

mario_v Member

It's entirely possible.

Don't get mad just because it's not something you want to hear.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Could happen sure if we make certain moves to make it happen, question is would they want it to happen here? Lots of pressure on the team to do well this year.