1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul Traded to Rockets!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 28, 2017.

?

Do you like the trade of Beverley, LouWill, Dekker, Harrell, 1st rounder to LAC for Chris Paul

Poll closed Jul 19, 2017.
  1. YES

676 vote(s)
    88.6%
  2. NO

87 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Thank you for that very insightful analysis of the trade. Paul forced LA's hand when he told them he was leaving next year. And this is only a one year deal - CP3 can still choose to leave next year to go play with LBJ elsewhere although Houston now has his Bird Rights and can offer him max money ($200M). But CP3 is clearly in ring chase mode so money is not his objective and a lot depends on how much better this move (and others to come) makes the Rockets vis-a-vis GSW & SA. Also his relationship with Harden will be tested on the court because he's as competitive and serious about winning as Harden is laid back. I can't imagine CP3 being OK with Harden's disappearing act in game 6. There's also the issue of MDA's system and whether CP3 can move the needle for the Rox but all that will be answered on the court.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

SUCK IT SPURS

can't be said enough

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I said the dude has a poor image with the public in general....
    if you don't believe me - just go check out the "I truly feel sorry for James harden" thread and see all the love and sympathy he gets from his actual team's fanbase....
    btw when I saw all the negative views in that thread expressed by other Rockets fans... I considered tagging you with a comment to read through it... but I thought that would be petty so I let it go....but since you ask...

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

coming to this a little late, but wow . . . deserves its own thread

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Uhh, I don't think the Spurs are too worried just yet. A lot of work still remains before we'll know if this move jumps them ahead of SA.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The public is generally dumb and wrong.

And pointing out dumb people of this message board who **** on Harden is nothing new to me. Feel free.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

SUCK IT SPURS

can't be said enough

9. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

We would still get a B even if we won it all :cool:

10. Caesar

Caesar Member

I really hope we get our franchise first 60+ win season!

ghettocheeze likes this.
  11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Im not gonna lie...I really believed that if Chris hit the open market, he wouldve joined San Antonio. I really cant believe that he is officially a player on this team.

jeevinesh likes this.
  12. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Morey:

You're either in the weapons race or on the sideline.

We were talking to the Clippers about a potential July S&T. Clippers reached out about a trade earlier might work. We jumped at it. Smart by the Clippers. Win-win type situation where we can acquire Chris early. Allows us to have our exceptions to go out into FA with larger dollars. We can use full MLE, biannual, ... we were able to pick up players & essentially a TE in the $11M range. Important to have more resources in a year going all in.

Opportunity to trade early, we jumped at it. We would be down to minimums if we sign him in July. Chasing these superteams we're trying to join, you have to have resources to keep improving. Not just enough to have James & Chris & players we have. Need flexibility to improve again. When at the 10-yard line, you gotta get the touchdown. Can't get stuck at the 10 with no resources to upgrade.

We have the two best play-makers on one team.

Deuce, ghettocheeze, DonKnock and 9 others like this.
  14. dlite316

dlite316 Member

Great news! Thank u basketball God!

15. shorerider

shorerider Member

Well looking on the bright side if next year is a bomb hopefully the Rockets keep CP3 and trade Harden for some talent to build around.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

ROFLMAO

DonKnock, BigMaloe and D-rock like this.
  17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

In a vacuum... i don't like the deal.... i believe with trade kicker CP3 is gonna come in at around 28M?.... giving up Bev is a real kick in the crotch.... Giving up a 1st for a guy we could have signed in free agency without giving up any assets (except to clear space) is puzzling.... Lou and Dekker are no great loss...

If DM can parlay this into a super team by adding more pieces... then its a gamble worth taking...

if we promised CP3 a fat lengthy contract after the season then I really don't like throwing away future years for a quick short term shot... if his next contract becomes an albatross....

So I gotta say the jury is still out for me... depends on how other pieces fall....

#1157 kjayp, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Max deal for Chris?

Not a conversation we've had. We want him here as long as possible. When we can talk about that, we will.

Purpose of additional trades?

We like those players we got. Had to send out a lot. We're filling the roster with guys we think can help. In addition that, we needed some to complete the trade. On top that, not only players who can help us but cap maneuvers & TE in the $11M range.

Richie_Rich and malakas like this.
  19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Seems like there is a lot of Spurs fans spilled milk b**** ass cry babies out there today. They didn't get him so now they are piling on like they didn't want him anyway.

20. the shark

the shark Member

Rockets live press conference right now on NBA network (Morey and MD).

Fulgore likes this.