1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul Traded to Rockets!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 28, 2017.

?

Do you like the trade of Beverley, LouWill, Dekker, Harrell, 1st rounder to LAC for Chris Paul

Poll closed Jul 19, 2017.
  1. YES

676 vote(s)
    88.6%
  2. NO

87 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Going to bed now, please wake me up with a 3rd star signing tomorrow. :D

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

If you can't get George or Millsap would a Melo for Ryno and Capela trade be worth it? Keeping in mind that you still have Gordon and Ariza.

Paul
    Harden/Gordon
    Ariza
    Melo/Trade exception
    MLE/Nene

Wouldn't surprise me if this is where we end up. While clutchfans might not like Melo, Morey has chased him several times.

3. malakas

malakas Member

We aren't going to give Capela for Melo.
    It will be NY adding a minor asset on top of Melo for the "priviledge" of having Anderson, not us.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  4. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

tbh i think melo/cp3 nets us a better, albeit very small chance at getting lebron come july 2018

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

no way i'd give up capela though.....ryno & filler, or no deal!

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  6. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Honestly right now, as crazy as it may seem to some, I would doubt we gave up Capela for anyone not named LeBron or Durant. It's not that he's on that level, but for what we do and having him cheap for one more year, he fits better than anyone else we could get at the position.

7. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

via WOJ

Houston has full mid-level exception ($8.4M), bi-annual exception ($3.2M), and a significant trade exception.

Any idea how much the trade exception is?

8. malakas

malakas Member

don't quote me on that but I read some time ago in my twitter feed that it's about 7 mil.
    I will try to look for it.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

For what we gave up this was an even trade, but CP3 isn't what he was 5 years ago, or even 2 years ago. I don't think this moves the needle by itself. I also think Harden worked really well as a point guard, and this takes the ball back out of his hands.

If we add a third star, then maybe we'll be getting somewhere in terms of firepower... BUT I don't think adding a third guy who needs the ball in his hands is necessarily going to get the job done. With Melo + CP3 + Harden there's going to be a lot of difficulty distributing the shot creation duties.

10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

If only Melo couldn't block trades....

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Count me among those who is skeptical about Paul + Beard backcourt sharing the ball, and I worry that someone as long in the tooth as CP will not be all that interested in hearing Mike Dan Tony's offensive schemes.

BUT I'm a big fan of the trade. With the rest of the league basically saying they will wait out the reign of the Warriors, our management is saying "heck no," and it's actually brilliant. If more teams are tanking, then we would be just one Warrior injury away from serious title contention (or I can dream at least).

Beyond this trade, I'm pro-George, and anti-Melo. That feels too much like the old Pippen trade to me, even though they're nothing alike, as players. I can just see him standing around the perimeter and then whining to the media the whole time. No thanks.

No Chance likes this.
  12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Guess it's official now.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

David Stern incoming in 3...

ghettocheeze, BMoney and DirtyDizzil like this.
  14. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I've posted this a few other places, but I'm going to post it every time I see a comment like this. People who say CP3 has slowed down just haven't been paying attention and being lazy.

Chris Paul's PER and WS/48 the last 5 seasons:

PER

WS/48

He has not shown one sign of slowing down. The most recent pass-first super star PG's have aged well: Stockton, Nash, Kidd, etc. I am comfortable with signing him to a long deal after this season.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

When is David Stren coming out of retirement to block this trade?

ghettocheeze likes this.
  16. alethios

alethios Member

17. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

Im all for this trade as long as CP3 doesn't leave us in a year. Surely, Morey got an assurance from paul that he would re-up with the rockets right?

18. Zergling

Zergling Member

People who are already grading the trade don't even realize that getting CP3 starts a domino effect in a whole another direction for the Rockets.

CP3 gives us instant credibility to get not just the Eric Gordons and Ryan Andersons -- but actual stars, even superstars. Yes, even LeBron.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  19. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Daryl Morey is anxiously awaiting Hillboy's judgement, I'm sure.

20. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Comes out of re
    Promised plenty of new apple products in the near future