1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul Traded to Rockets!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 28, 2017.

?

Do you like the trade of Beverley, LouWill, Dekker, Harrell, 1st rounder to LAC for Chris Paul

Poll closed Jul 19, 2017.
  1. YES

676 vote(s)
    88.6%
  2. NO

87 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I wonder when the press conference is going to be?

Tomorrow or Friday?

Or after they go after a 3rd star then have Paul, Harden (for extension), and 3rd star in a major press conference like the Celtics did after they got KG and Allen.

ghettocheeze, Yung-T and malakas like this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm really starting to question whether Paul would bleed out his new team's depth without the option of immediately getting supermax and take a very specific pay cut unless another trade has already been agreed. I'm practically certain we have at least one commitment, maybe trying for a better player.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The Clippers weren't going to give him the Supermax. Rockets probably told him they will do it. He's not leaving any money on the table. In fact, this is going to be a major pay raise in terms of take home pay.

malakas likes this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U know the league and media already hates us, might as well embrace it with the arrival of flop master cp3

francis 4 prez and Rocket River like this.
  5. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Clutch I want to change my vote to NO on the poll now

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We got this. One flops on offense (harden) and the other flops on defense (cp3). Finally we are a 2 sided team

francis 4 prez and BigMaloe like this.
  7. justtxyank

Chris Paul is a flopper and a MASSIVE whiner on the court, but he's well liked by the league and the media and is the president of the player's union. It's probably going to be a really big conundrum for the media on how they will cover this team.

Red.Glare and francis 4 prez like this.
  8. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

9. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Correct, but he left money on the table this season right? Could he not have signed with us outright on a 1+1 and then gotten the supermax?

10. malakas

malakas Member

maybe we told him we are getting his friend Melo too and needed to s+t for him.

11. justtxyank

Nope. We wouldn't have had his bird rights at that point. Takes 3 years before we get his bird rights, by then he couldn't sign the 5 year deal anymore even if we'd be dumb enough to offer it.

This was the ONLY way he was going to get his 5 year max if the Clippers weren't willing to do it. His net income now over the next 6 seasons will far exceed what he would have gotten in any other 6 year scenario.

So far he hasn't really left any money on the table unless he signs for something less than the full 5 year max.

12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

We need to rock the all-black unis all year long. Go full NWO on these b****es!

13. deb4rockets5

deb4rockets5 Member

I must be the only one who doesn't like this trade. How is that injury prone old man worth all those players we traded, and a 1st round pick with his injury history? I just don't see a guard as our big need compared to I would have been much more excited about a Power Forward who can give us more strength at rim protection and hit the 3's.

14. malakas

malakas Member

15. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Gotcha.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Sorry if i missed it but, do we know how big is the TPE we got?

17. malakas

malakas Member

It's because other people don't think that an all star, all nba superstar is just an "injury prone old man".

18. Mr. Motiejunas

Amazing news. Now lets get Paul George!!!

19. Mathloom

Supporting Member

From @justtxyank breakdown, it seems this is practically the only way he would get the big supermax so yeah I think it's possible, but I also think he would have done it as long as we displayed some likelihood of adding a 3rd guy. I mean, I don't think Morey needs any extra motivation to keep dealing.

malakas and justtxyank like this.
  20. justtxyank

Oh yeah, I think everyone in the league knows Morey is going to wheel and deal.

malakas likes this.