1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul Traded to Rockets!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 28, 2017.

?

Do you like the trade of Beverley, LouWill, Dekker, Harrell, 1st rounder to LAC for Chris Paul

Poll closed Jul 19, 2017.
  1. YES

676 vote(s)
    88.6%
  2. NO

87 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

Not sure how the NBA Cap works, but those you mentioned plus Quarterman which I think NBA.com mentioned as included add up to $21,453,330 (Not including the $661K, not sure how that works), so do we need to add more players to make salaries match?

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Will the library err Toyota Center remain empty & quiet next year? :p

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't see it either. If I'm the Pacers I'd rather hang on to Paul George and watch him walk than get that.

Maybe it is for someone else though. We could still sign Millsap or Heyward right? I could see plenty of teams wanting Gordon.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Looks like Taylor/Kelly/Long combined make about $732k in 16/17, but that jumps to $2.6 million in 17/18.

Since Rockets are going to operate over the cap, even bigger amount they can add to Gordon (or Ryno) once the new cap season starts.

If we didn't trade Quarterman, then the numbers go up. Taylor/Kelly/Long/Quarterman combine for $1.3 million in 16/17 cap year, jumping to $3.9 million in 17/18 cap year.

What do we have to be within on a trade when over the cap? 125%? So that $3.9 million next year at 125% represents $4.9 million of trade value...

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Shows you money buys you girls. 2 guys who should have been on the movie superbad.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  6. Newlin

Newlin Member

Ouch, losing Harrell hurts. I know he didn't get much playing time at the end of the season, but I thought he had some promise going forward.

saleem and Pen15clubber like this.
  7. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

That was one reason, yes. But his relationship with Rivers had gone completely sour primarily due to the way Austin Rivers was handled. Many of the Clipper vets did not like the double standard that existed for them and Rivers who acted entitled. From what I'm seeing, this deal is just for one year - his contract is up next year and he can still leave next year in free agency to go join up with Lebron somewhere. Paul is chasing a ring and I just don't see how this move gets him any closer to that goal. But time will tell - especially will be watching the dynamic unfold between Paul and Harden.

saleem likes this.
  8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Post a pic of yourself with your shirt off next to Dekker with the same.

jnuge90, Sooty and justtxyank like this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, the only interesting prospect we're losing is Sam imo...love Trez but we have Oliver...lost Wiltjer but we have Zhou...i hope we keep Nanu.

10. pippsux

pippsux Member

Shocked! Didn't believe it would happen and still more to come?????

Much as I could never stand Cp3,...... like got nothing to do with it. He is another playmaker ball handler and scorer.

Bev, thanks for the hustle and tenacity, good luck in LA

Morey is a gunslinger, nuff said.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

"Is Chris Paul weak for going to team he blew 3-1 lead against?"

LOL Nice try ESPN! :rolleyes:

ghettocheeze and francis 4 prez like this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Of course not. They might trade us George for whatever we get for Gordon and Ariza in trade though, depending on what teams are willing to give for those guys. If it comes down to it, might be for whatever we can get for Capela too?

14. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I feel like the next move will be S&T for Paul Milsap.

I know the Rockets want PG13 but I don't see the pieces, especially if the Celtics offer just one of their silver assets, if not their golden tickets.

I think Paul Milsap is a great fit for our team. Great defensively, good passer, great team guy, could easily fit in that 3rd option well. If we could convince him to take less than max then we could trade Anderson and some filler to a 3rd team to get Milsap here. Then wait out for a buy-out (Melo?) and use the MLE for them. Bi-annual and vet mins to fill out the roster to fill out the roster.

Paul - Harden - Melo - Milsap - Capela

Bench: Gordon - vet mins and bi-annual

Definitely won't be favored against the Warriors but that team will have a chance, which is all we can hope for.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Oh I hope Windhorst is right!

saleem likes this.
  16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

No joke I had a dream last night that Chris Paul was playing for the Rockets but they were down by 20 points.

ghettocheeze and francis 4 prez like this.
  17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

We aren't trading Ariza.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Was he ever going to be used as a guy who is sort of a gimmicky small ball 5 who can't rebound or defend? The question for me with Harrell is would he ever develop enough offensively to be used as a 4 in cases, or would he ever learn how to rebound and defend well enough to be more than an offensive minded small ball 5 who is used in P&R only?

The guy did have some great games for the Rockets last year though, but I just felt towards the end of the season that if he was never going to be used as a full time rotation player because of his faults, it makes sense to trade him so you don't end up not using him when he's at this pivotal point in his development.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I am not at all comfortable losing EGO for Paul George. I might be in the minority here, but EGO is part of this core team if they are going to win a ring....no other way about it.