1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul To Stay With Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TxAggies, Jun 29, 2013.

1. faraza84

faraza84 Member

They must have a trade lined up that cp is really looking forward to because there's no way they will contend with dj as their center and lack of bench. They'll have mle so that's not gonna bring in too much talent

2. kcd

kcd Member

That would be pretty sad after all these months of speculation and hope on here. :(

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Dwight would rather okay for the clippers than us. The Clippers have pieces like bledsoe, griffin, Jordan that are valuable. The only obstacles is the Clippers reluctance to part with Griffin, and the Lakers reluctance to deal with the clippers.

4. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Dwight Will not be a Clipper b/c of the reason the Lakers will not deal with the Clippers.

5. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I'm just going to start carpet bombing my post in every Clippers thread:

For those of you who think the Clippers are a viable option: Do you really think that Dwight, sensitive and image-conscious as he is, is going to want to play in a city where more than half the local population will despise him for abandoning the Lakers for the rival Clippers? He and his family would be harassed and heckled for years. Furthermore, from a business perspective, jumping from the Lakers to the Clippers will render him toxic for virtually any local endorsement deals.

And on top of that, don't forget about the historically horrible Clippers organization, the awful cheapskate owner, the tricky logistics of consummating a trade with the Lakers, and the fact that Dwight would make less money with the Clips.

6. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Lol@rivers being the deciding factor...he's so overrated

7. jacoby

jacoby Member

He may be, but he's a black guy.

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

You make valid points, except the bold. His entire stable of b*stard children is pretty well spread out all over the nation. They should be able to escape the wrath of Laker fans.

9. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I feel like you're being sarcastic, but I hope you're kidding on the last part. Don't get me wrong though, I like Lin but I don't see him as being that good

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Yes, all those things considered, he would rather be a Clipper.

11. VesceySux

Lakers fans don't exist outside of LA or on the Internet? :) Dwight's baby mamas ain't safe anywhere from those salty Lakers fans...

12. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Take Aleron's bet. I'm curious to see how it plays out. Reps up for grab.

13. VesceySux

Well, sure, if you discount ALL those things, then I guess Dwight prefers the Clippers. That's a lot of hangups to get past.

14. coffeelover665

D12 will not go to Clippers, too much business implications. As much as his agent hates us, he'll hate it even more to let D12 go to the Clippers so we don't got to worry about that

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

A source close to Paul and his wife, Jada, said three weeks ago that both adore their Los Angeles life and wouldn't leave the Clippers during free agency. Paul's return to the Clippers was solidified when coach Doc Rivers arrived from the Boston Celtics. Rivers and Paul have already been talking regularly. One GM said it would be "a waste of your time" for any team other than the Clippers to pursue Paul. Yahoo! Sports

Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#huwXTZ33sDB6UDbd.99

16. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Report: Chris Paul, Clippers to agree on 5-year, $107 million contract <a href="http://t.co/ER8ySFvo21">http://t.co/ER8ySFvo21</a></p>&mdash; Sports Illustrated (@SInow) <a href="https://twitter.com/SInow/statuses/351551218046341121">July 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Marteen

Marteen Member

I got a bad feeling about this. Like a Chris Paul re-signing because Dwight might take a huge paycut to join him and Blake sort of feeling.

18. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Damn.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Paul needs to realize that he and Blake Griffin aren't going to win the WC, much less the whole thing.

Adding Rivers was good, but in reality, Lob City needed a third player.

20. buffalobills!!!

Enjoy winning nothing CP3