1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul: Rondo is a great point guard

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Melechesh, Nov 2, 2009.

1. BizzleRocket

BizzleRocket Member

Pretty much, but T-mac aimed his comment on Paul Pierce.

Difference would be.....Celtics would never win anything with T-Mac and the Celtics would win everything with Cp3. .

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Celtics could never win with Yao either.

3. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

rep++

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Hahah, yes Rajon, the reason why a POINT GUARD has so many assists is because the ball is in his hands all the time. Also, the sky is blue and the world is not flat. :rolleyes:

Rondo's one of the best PGs in the league and would probably crack the Top 5 by season's end, but he still has some maturing to do. I'm not saying that based on the above quote but I'm basing that on his extracurriculars within the game (i.e. the jackass attitude). I remember when him and Rafer got into it in the game that ended the 22 game winning streak and I wished Rafer would have put that kid in his place.

You want to be smug and arrogant in the league? Hey, that's fine by me but at least do it with a better jump shot and without the Big 3 as your teammates first.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I agree with this and would like to add to the "I wish I had a better team", "and it's easy to be a great point guard when you have 3 future Hall of Famers to pass to"

6. OvenproofBadger

I actually think id take Brooks over Rondo, i don't really like Rondo, he is cocky and without the stars i don't think he wud be that great.

7. BizzleRocket

BizzleRocket Member

Is he replacing Perkins or KG? If he's replacing KG, sure you are right. If he's replacing Perkins, Yes they could.

T-Mac is the ultimate loser in the NBA.

8. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

You can replace Sun Yue with Kendrick Perkins and the Celtics can win a championship.

9. mw_mw

mw_mw Member

replace Ray Allen with (healthy) TMac and they would still win that championship.

10. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Well at least CP3 didn't go for the man's groin at the end of the game like he did on Julius Hodge in college...

Kid is a punk. And hopefully one day those elbows he throws everytime he gets a pick start getting called...

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

The Celtics Bulls series last year was full of cheap shots too, a lot from Rondo. I want to say even a groin shot, but can't really remember

12. BizzleRocket

BizzleRocket Member

Nope, Ray was clutch in the Finals, should have been the real finals MVP actually.

Maybe if T-Mac replaced Brian Sclabrine.

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

Smh @ this thread turning into a discussion about T-mac.

Nowhere in that article does it say anything about Tracy McGrady.

14. fmp087

fmp087 Member

That's all speculation. Tmac has proven he can not lead a team deep into the playoffs as a number one option or even a number two (Yes, I know he didn't have the greatest team like the C's). The only way they would have won is if Tmac was willing to play off the ball and not dominate 18 seconds of a 24 second shot clock while his teammates stand around and wait for hm to make a move.

15. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Yes elbows, I wonder who else has thrown them....

16. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

The NBA may have to take a look at another play involving Paul from Monday's game. Al Harrington came up with a loose ball in a scramble after a New Orleans turnover with about 5½ minutes remaining. Paul appeared to hit him in the head while they were on the floor fighting for the ball, but Harrington was able to maintain possession.

"When I dove, my head hit his knee," Harrington said. "He might have slipped a couple of jabs in there. It didn't affect me. You know I fight in the summer, so it's all good."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4618194

17. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I just don't see any other punk in the NBA that gets as much media and NBA protection as Chris Paul does. It's ridiculous. The guy deserves to get clocked.

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

He shouldn't have hit Hodge but apparently the game before Hodge made a comment about Chris Paul's grandfather who is dead.

Fast forward to the next game the NC State fans were taunting Chris Paul the whole game about his grandpa yelling his grandpa's name the whole game. Chris Paul then lost his cool and hit Hodge below the belt.

19. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I think that's been proven to be a false rumor. Strop trying to protect CP3. Now I have to dig for it. But you have equal responsibility to dig for your claim.

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

And that is why I said apparently.