1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul return? 2 more weeks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets-1994, Jan 13, 2019.

1. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

I don’t disagree. I’ve never understood why you would pay max money to any injury-prone player. The idea that a guy just shows up for the playoffs and plays well then it’s all good, is BS. Meanwhile, you have a guy like Harden playing max minutes, the 3rd highest in the league, just to get the team into the playoffs.

If Morey was really smart he wouldn’t put a clause into the contract to pay for a percentage of games played.

Sadly, the Rockets are stuck with him for 3 more years and if it didn’t look good by next year I could easily see Harden asking for a trade. No way he wants to be handcuffed to a aging injury prone player for the rest of his career.

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

I pray you are progressing to good health. Be well in Jesus Name!

stevel, jcf and D-rock like this.
  3. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

Good ****, man. This gave me a good laugh.

Deuce likes this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

thanks as always bro. heard anything on house or what the guys think about how that situation was handled?

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

we are blessed Harden is such a tank. It's really not fair to him

every day CP isn't back have the potential to compromise Harden's health

Stormy1234 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  6. hakeemthagreat

Though he's overpaid, I still don't why guys don't see CP's value. He's not really supposed to be great during the regular season. His purpose will be in the postseason. As long as we got CP healthy we're championship contenders. As great as Harden's numbers are he's known to go awol in key playoff games. CP is guaranteed maximum effort

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Except no star player in the league would ever agree to that.

jcf likes this.
  8. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I think this has been discussed to death. You had two choices for Paul. MAX or lose him and run the risk of Harden saying “I’m done with Houston” because we didn’t retain what Harden see’s as “help”. At least it wasn’t a 5 year super which he could have. Gotten. Money was between a rock and a hard place. Paul, as union president and a star, could not set the precedent of giving a discount.

jcf and Kim like this.
  9. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Smh I think he’s ready

10. Durrby

Durrby Contributing Member

Is "punch" Brandon Ingram?

11. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Once he is back....along with clint...The SKY is the limit for this team.

With harden playing like this.. and health... i dont see anyone beating us in 7 games.

Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Always good to heat from you Cod!! You are in our hearts and prayers.

Hope the depth is Jonathon Simmons/Terrance Ross and Khem Birch.

I hope the "Punch" is Aaron Gordon or Noah Vonleh. Team needs just one more killer.

jcf likes this.
  13. jcf

jcf Member

If the CBA would even allow it, it's amazing that no front office or agent has thought of this before....Genius.

topfive likes this.