1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul return? 2 more weeks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets-1994, Jan 13, 2019.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So do we only play him every other game in the playoffs until Finals, if we make it that far, and then play him every game? He probably won't last the entire playoffs, simply going from his track record.

#41 deb4rockets, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  2. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Chris Paul update

D-rock, Tfor3 and YOLO like this.
  4. solid

solid Contributing Member

But how long will he last after his return? His contract is looking worse and worse.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Unlike before, the Rockets now have THE MUCH NEEDED LUXURY of Austin Rivers to play PG minutes. Finally, MDA can limit CP3's minutes (and maybe back to backs) with a LEGIT replacement. #DecreaseTheDrop. @Codman

jcf, D-rock, RocketToVegas and 2 others like this.
  6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I give him 16 games. But, if he sits out some games I give him longer.
    Paul = overpaid and under worked.

7. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

2-3 or 6-7 is the bar, so as to avoid Golden State in the first or second rounds.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No one is beating us 4 times in the playoffs If we are healthy.

(BUT WE NEED TO GET JAMES HARDEN SOME REST)

Please Daryl. At worst, we need some Anthony Mason/Charles Oakley kind of guys on defense to take some pressure off the Beard. Go get a beast to prowl the paint so James can focus on scoring. Maybe a Manimal?

D-rock and Severe Rockets Fan like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LImit him to 28 minutes....

DD

11. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Rest him til April. Let him get 10 games in before the postseason start. I’m tired of his injury stints... I’m getting use to him not playing

12. Texanstradamus

Play him like the spurs did Duncan manu and Parker of course it was easier since they we’re not paid like super stars at washed ages like Paul is but u basically got to put him on that plan throughout this terrible contract to Atleast get this and next year out of him before it goes downhill for there 30 mins a night and prolly no back to backs until March if that

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

At this point no back to back at all and 6 min per quarter.

14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

A good friend said CP looks good....

It was mentioned that the plan is to have CP3 at 110% before coming back. The goal is to have him build on the extra strength and protection before the playoffs at all costs.

The Rockets know they probably won't be the first or second seed this year. BUT, like CP and James have mentioned, what team can beat them 4 out of 7 times in a playoff series when healthy? I only know of GS.

As long as CP3 is ready for the playoffs, I'm good. Yes, he's paid too much to sit that long, but what's the ultimate goal? If you get a rested, crazy-good feeling CP3 for the post-season, you're lucky. When healthy, he's the best all around PG in the league. Yes, better than Steph because of his impact on both ends and ability to get everyone going.

Also, I dig the Faried signing. It makes sense to have a high-flyer in there for the Harden oops'.

My only beef is who Ken was in Denver. The "Manimal" was a jerk, so I'm hoping this is a new leaf. Austin Rivers made his apologies; Ken can be a better teammate.

Don't count on this being "it" though. Everything that's shared with me points to Morey going hard before the deadline to add depth or a killer.

First #decreasethedrop and end with the #murder. We need one more "punch" to make this roster playoff ready.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Good stuff! Thanks Codman. Hope you are doing well. :)

D-rock likes this.
  16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Melo to Miami for one of those guys.

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Thanks for the update COD. Hopefully Morey is able to pull something out of his sleeve but I highly doubt it with Tillman. I agree with James and CP3 about who can beaut them 4 out of 7 BUT you have to make it to the playoffs and that isn't even close to being a given.

Hope you are feeling better!

D-rock likes this.
  18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Bobby Portis? :D

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I wish we could afford to let Paul rest until after the break when Clint is back.

20. MD_in_Training

Is he gets injured again this postseason and we fade into NBA purgatory, he may be the worst contract in NBA history.