1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul or Dwight Howard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, May 3, 2013.

?

Chris Paul or Dwight Howard?

1. Chris Paul

317 vote(s)
    55.8%
  2. Dwight Howard

251 vote(s)
    44.2%
  1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Dwight fills an area of need, CP3 gets rid of LOF's. It's a tough call.

1 person likes this.
  2. Aleron

CP3 wants to win more than Dwight, his desire to win is Lebron-like. If we could flip our roster excl Parsons, Harden, Bev and a cpl of the pf rookies, I could see CP3 convincing Dwight to come with him.

Royce White and Lin would probably be the hardest 2 for us to flip, hopefully someone would want Lin's monetary benefit, and we might want to tack Royce onto Asik plus the money for Royce's contract.

3. dragonz

dragonz Member

CP3 is definitely the best choice here, but can Harden co-exist with CP3?

4. prs325

prs325 Member

Chauncey Billups says whats up...

5. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Unless CP3 can play off the ball regularly or Harden learns/accepts the role to do the same, I dont see that kind of back court excelling as most of you seem to imagine because theyre two ball-dominant guards like we have in Lin now. Either way, I'd be ecstatic if we get Paul or Dwight this summer. It doesnt look likely but anything is possible in the offseason.

6. Aleron

"like Lin" ? lol, Lin is an 8m contract that might be awkward to move for nothing, CP3 is one of the best point guards of all time, the ball would be in CP3's hands, you make it sound like Harden doesn't know how to play well with superstars, CP3 however would probably live with being like 16 and 12.

7. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Paul takes the same amount of shots as Dragic and Lin. He's a pure PG who sets people up at the most efficient rate possible. Harden put up 16 points playing only 30 minutes, playing with Westbrook and Durant. He'll easily get 25+ playing next to Paul.

Harden and Paul being boys is really cool though, they could develop LeBron/Wade type chemistry together. Having the next best SG in the league and the best PG in the league, that sets us up well to compete for a championship. Throw in the best center in the league and it's just lulz at that point.

8. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

CP3 would fill the bigger need and it's not even close.

I can't believe it's plausible too have a starting five next year of Paul, Harden, Parsons, J Smith/Millsap/Hickson, Asik

Renounce Garcia, Delfino

Max Paul

Trade Lin for a pick or we could work out a S&T with Atlanta/Utah since both won't be over the luxury tax and can do so under the CBA

So many options but we will be a much much better team next year

9. RayStats34

RayStats34 Member

Give me Chris Paul..his ability to create shots for others unmatched besides Lebron....James harden would be even better since he can just focus more on scoring

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I say Dwight but if we get both I'm just going to j$&@ all over myself lol

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'm not choosy, and will have no problem with either one coming. I think they're both awesome and would put us into contender status alongside OKC/Spurs(assume they maintain health) immediately.

That said, I believe adding CP3 will make us a top 1-3 offense and 10-15 range defense. While Dwight Howard would make us top 10(possibly top 5) offense and top 5 defense. In terms of marginal improvement, I feel Howard provides more.

But don't get me wrong. If I see a stickied thread that says the Rockets have just agreed to terms with Chris Paul, I'd be absolutely ecstatic.

12. New

Can we get Durant? :p

13. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

CP3 might be the best PG in the league but he still needs the ball to be effective on the court - like Harden and Lin. Like I said, unless CP3 or Harden is willing to play off the ball, I'd rather we look at other FAs (a post player or good weak side help defender PF would be nice) who can affect the game in another way.

14. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

If we acquire Dwight and trade Asik for someone like Ryan Anderson, i think we'll be set.

15. omerasik

omerasik Member

We need Josh Smith

16. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

One glaring need that this team lacks is interior offense. Dwight will solve that problem in a heartbeat. Having Dwight manning the paint on defense will be awesome as well.

17. Aleron

Harden uses the ball more than is ideal because there isn't someone anywhere near as good.

He doesn't necessarily need the ball for long periods, he's a grab the ball and go attack guy, he can do that in 6 seconds or less, CP3 is a prober, he needs at least 10 seconds often.

Harden's efficiency is off the charts when teams have to focus on other people, like historically efficient for a shooting guard, and of course he'd defer playmaking to Paul, it's Chris Paul.

18. H-Town™

H-Town™ Member

Instead of dwight, we should do like .. a trade with the Jazz

Lin, T Jones and some other scrub for Al Jefferson? Millsap? i have no idea

19. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I love Asik but he will never be a legit threat on offense. One thing that made CP3 and Lin so successful with the Hornets and Knicks, respectively, was them having a Tyson Chandler setting picks and cutting to the basket for the strong finish. Chandler played a key role in Linsanity in New York. That's what Dwight Howard will provide. Remember that Harden is most effective on pick and rolls.

Tell me how are you going to defend a Harden/Howard pick & roll? Who would you sag off of? You can also feed Dwight at the post as it will attract double teams and free up our shooters. Exactly how he was able to take a mediocre Orlando Magic to the NBA Finals. That te was basically Dwight and 4 spot up shooters on the floor. They didn't even have a playmaker who's anywhere close to the caliber of a James Harden.

20. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Both...

Chris Paul picks up phone, dials Dwight Howard's number.
    Dwight Howard checks phone, RING RING RING. He picks up.

DH - What's up Chris?
    CP3 - Hey man. I just noticed we both go ejected in the last game of our team's season. Funny, huh?
    DH - Yeah. I just wish we could leave these teams we obviously can't win a championship with...
    CP3 - It's not like we can't. We are Free Agents, ya know.

James Harden mysteriously joins call, equipped with a mischievous smile and a big dream.

JH - Hey guys.
    CP3 - What Up.
    DH - Ehhh, James. What's good?
    JH - I have a plan.
    DH & CP3 - What kinda plan you talkin here?
    JH - We join forces, play in Houston, and win multiple rings.
    CP3 - What? The Houston Rockets? How do you guys got that much cap space?
    JH - Not sure, but we got it. Factor in state taxes, and you not only make more here, but you also will have a better chance of winning rings. Whatya say?
    CP3 & DH - LET'S GO TO H-TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!

Morey laughs. Most cry.
    Clutch City Returns.