1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul or Dwight Howard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, May 3, 2013.

?

Chris Paul or Dwight Howard?

1. Chris Paul

317 vote(s)
    55.8%
  2. Dwight Howard

251 vote(s)
    44.2%
  1. The Stig

The Stig Member

Sign Paul and trade for Garnett if possible? Boston seem like they wanna blow up the whole thing and rebuild.

The absolute best case scenario is to get Paul and trade for LMA (Not Love or Smith or Millsap)

I am confident Asik will improve in the offseason, Paul and Harden can co-exist in the backcourt, and an addition of LMA will make the 4 a threat on offense and defense (LMA's ability to pick-n-pop, pick-n-roll, post up, length, etc.). Oh and an improved Parsons. Would like to keep Lin but if Paul comes along, I don't think any sane person would turn that down.

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

im good with either, but right now i'd take paul over dwight cuz i'd rather lose lin than asik.

i dont think lin sucks, and do belive he'll have a better season. just that the way the league is, i think we'll be better with 3 high scoring perimeter players that start, while having two starting bigs who can can get garbage pts, defend and rebound. one of them stretches the floor of course.

also there's some doubt in me about howard developing post moves.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Howard plays too small and below the rim sometimes.
    Not acceptable as a former superstar

4. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

you realized harden was coming of the bench right? only playing 30 out of 48 mins?

5. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

It's proven this season that the Rockets have problem w/ teams that have big men and size inside the paint such as the Grizzlies and Lakers. Why would you want to sign Chris Paul and not after Howard. Asik is not in the same league as Howard offensively and athletically. And we have one player that dominate the ball...that is enough. We just need better lethal shooters to help spread the floor. We need to look for players that shoot great and can't be left open for 3 such as JJ Reddick, Kyle Korver, Corey Brewer and Iguadala.. and they need to be excellent at attacking the basket...that is the #1 priority in free agency.

6. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Dwight Howard! I think CP3 stays in LAC! They will fire there coach and bring in someone that CP3 and Blake Griffin respect! Dwight Howard is a perfect fit for this team! He does things that Asik can't! He can grab the same amount of boards as Asik and still score more points than him as well! On pick and rolls he would be great with Harden, Parsons, and Lin! I think it would be really awesome if we could somehow pry Kevin Love out of Minnesota though! I'd rather just add him! He is a perfect fit for this team! But if that's not possible then definitely Dwight Howard! Definitely need another superstar to pair with Harden! Not gonna win a title without one!

7. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I think Howard will DEFINITELY help Jeremy Lin's game out. A lot of time, teams don't even care about guarding Asik cuz they know he sucks. Slow and clumsy handling the ball and just not quick enough. With Howard in the picture, now they have to guard him tight...a slight open and Lin will lob him for a dunk...like he did w/ Tyson Chandler. So they had to guard Howard close EVERY STEP and this will allow Lin to attack and get easy bucket. Of course, this will help Harden's game too.

8. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

teams that the PG is their best player dont win championships..

9. The Stig

The Stig Member

He has experience playing with ball dominating players does he not? Harden is capable of adjusting his game in order to make this work, Westbrook is an even more ball dominant guard than Paul and that worked out fine.

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I chose Howard not because I think he's a better player than Paul (he's not) but because I just think he fits better. I think we need a PG similar to Mario Chalmers, a great spot up shooter that can penetrate and kick as well as make shots created by Harden/Howard.

11. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Tony Parker says hi

12. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

You would probably put Jones in at the PF spot to start and make sure over the summer he practices shooting corner 3s everyday.
    The backups would be Beverly/Anderson/Garcia (resigned for 3mil)/White/DMo

Would be an interesting season to say the least. I'd also hope that Morey could pickup a backup C for cheap - Maybe Chris Kaman or Timofey Mozgov would sign for cheap as the backup Center on a contender.

Paul/Beverly
    Harden/Anderson
    Parsons/Garcia
    Jones/DMo/White
    Dwight/Mozgov

Can anyone say Championship?

13. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Who should I bang today, Jessica Alba or Kate Upton?

We can't get either. Both are getting paid in LA.

14. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

duncan says hi..

15. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

With the Clippers losing in the first round, it makes the possibility of CP3 signing with us realistic, albeit improbable. He said he'll do a lot of thinking about what he's going to do this summer with regards to his free agency and he'll be discussing it with his family. Harden and Chris are friends, his kid really likes Harden, and he really wants to win and there's not any chance of that if he spends the rest of his career as a Clipper. If we can convince Dwight or Smith, or any of the other notable free agents to sign with us, we provide a realistic chance at a chip.

16. ParsonsBoy

ParsonsBoy Member

you guys on crack. D12 and CP3 are not coming to Houston.

jsmoooooth on the other hand could maybe come here.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lebron might as well be a point guard no?

18. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Dwight for sure. He was hurt this year so I don't think we saw him at his best.

Having said that, getting CP3 instead wouldn't be too shabby either :p

19. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

If you have to choose between the two it would be Dwight. CP3 dominates the ball, why would you want him to take the ball out of Hardens hands in decrease his touches.

20. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

In your backcourt you want a guy who dominates the ball and someone who can play off the ball(catch and shoot. Ex. Kobe Fisher, Westbrook Sefolosha, Wade Chalmers) Harden is a scorer lets get someone who can compliment him. PS all the catch and shoot guys are great ball defenders