1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul or Dwight Howard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, May 3, 2013.

?

Chris Paul or Dwight Howard?

1. Chris Paul

317 vote(s)
    55.8%
  2. Dwight Howard

251 vote(s)
    44.2%
  1. dantian

dantian Member

Dwight and Omer can coexist. Paul makes Lin redundant. The perfect deals would be, sign Howard as FA and trade Lin/Garcia/DMo to Clipps for Paul.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Chris Paul on free agency: "I've got a lot of time to think about that.. we'll see what happens" (said he'd consult family, agent) <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Clippers">#Clippers</a></p>&mdash; Michael Scotto (@MikeAScotto) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/330552101191168000">May 4, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. The Stig

The Stig Member

I've been reading a lot comments saying a backcourt of Harden and Paul wouldn't work because both are ball dominating players. Have people not realised not Harden played with both Westbrook and Durant in his first 3 years? I'm sure the two of them, if put together can work out fine.

4. prs325

prs325 Member

CP3 all the way. He not just sets the offense but dominates the floor. Paul also ends the hero-ball for the offense will be In his hands the majority of the time. Harden will be able to play with more freedom and score a lot easier.

Asik can continue to anchor the middle and the defense. And it would be a easy to acquire or develop a complimentary power forward to pair with a defensive-minded center.

Not only that, most importantly CP3 will elevate the locker room and overall play of everyone because of the demands he instills on the team. I believe the Rockets are mature enough to rise up to Chris Pauls leadershp unlike those Clippers who are weary of his incessant demands. He is also fantastic in the clutch.

Howard is a clown who will look for excuses and not take responsibility for his play and actions. Free throws in the clutch? He should watch Asik for advise. I just think that he will bring down the culture of a team who is looking for a leader and will set a high bar of standard in play, decorum, and mental toughness. This past season showed Howard's true colors.

So, Chris Paul all the way.

1 person likes this.
  5. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

For starters can we get a cool photoshopped picture of Chris Paul in a Rockets jersey, like we had with Melo and Amare...

6. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Harden recorded one of the highest TS% ever for a guard when he played next to Durant and Westbrook last year.

Him playing next to CP3 will open the game up so much for him, and he'll get so much more looks than he did when he played with Durant and Westbrook.

Nasty duo.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Can't take credit but here you go. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. thekad

thekad Member

Considering who they would be replacing, the easy choice is CP3. Take out a mediocre or worse player and put in a superstar > replacing a good player with a superstar.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I wish I could say CP3, because I like him more as a player and leader. I'm just not sure how well he and Harden would mesh as a backcourt, and we'd still be lacking any sort of post presence.

Howard is also a more durable player, historically. I think he'll come back next year with something to prove. I'd take him.

10. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

I'm sure Harden would defer to a proven and better player like Chris Paul. That would be awesome to see.

11. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Give me CP3 and LMA. And I'll be happy as ****

12. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

CP3 ain't going anywhere! I'd take Howard though. He's a better fit.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

In CP3's presser he talks about the long period ahead. He seems undecided, he did say he might even let little Chris Jr. have a say. Well let's hope he does have a say because as we know his favorite player is James Harden.

14. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Paul is obviously the better player, but for the purposes of this team I think I would pick Dwight. We just need someone who can give us some reliable scoring down low. Not to mention he and Asik would completely dominate the boards and interior defense.

But honestly, I feel like we're just a LMA or KLove away from being in the WCF. Lin will obviously probably never get to Paul's level, but I think he can improve to at least get the job done. I know he's disappointed with himself and he will work his butt off this offseason. He better. But yea, I'd rather have LMA or Klove over Dwight so we can stretch the floor and create penetrating lanes for our guards and kick outs. Not to mention both those guys can easily give us 20 a night.

If the Rockets can get both CP3 and Dwight, obviously go for it. I just think Dwight is more likely to come and we just need him someone like him more. But again, muxh rather have LMA or KLove. Hell, I'd much rather have Marc Gasol or Lopez, too.

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Points guards don't win championships unless they are Magic and Magic could play all 5 positions.

16. NateNate

NateNate Member

wow 50 people actually picked Howard over CP3?? Boy i tell you

17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

What are the chances LA ditches Dwight and goes after CP?

Not sure of possible...

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Lakers I mean

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

They could get rid of Dwight or Pau and still be over the cap I believe.

20. rocketblood713

We have more of chance of getting Dwight then CP3 IMO