1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul messed up Hammy yet again...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dmo, Dec 20, 2018.

1. riko

riko Member

With Paul’s declining play and now all these hammy issues he has zero value on the open market

2. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Question....doesn't this injury require rehab....???
    because i know for damn sure he didn't do any of this in the off-season

fattz, Stormy1234 and Houstunna like this.
  3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Hes probably out 2 months..**** sake

shvedsucks likes this.
  4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Steve Ballmer breathes easy.

ramotadab likes this.
  5. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

lol whats a backup pg going to do ?? the longterm outlook is bleak, and thats with an all time player in his prime.

ramotadab likes this.
  6. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Most expensive hamstrings in the world.

kevtse and Houstunna like this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

You guys are ****ing annoying. Who the hell did y'all want Morey to sign if we didn't sign Capela and Paul. Stop ****ing b****ing. Paul on this team was the best freaking chance we had at competiting. No other superstar was going to walk through that door.

Stop b****ing. In this league, top talent is paid. Rarely does top talent take pay cuts outside of b****ass Durant. So stop ****ing b****ing about Paul and Capela getting paid. Holy ****, going to lose my ****ing mind reading the stupidness of the posts.

It's not as if Harden can carry a team to the championship with just a bunch of solid role players. Who did y'all want to sign?

I swear man, y'all sometimes are clouded by your emotions that you can't think straight. This team needs Paul, it's the truth. Without him, we would be back to just being a 1st or 2nd round team. Yeah, he has health issues, but this is always the risk with Paul. It was either resign Paul or just give you and start rebuilding.

Stop b****ing.

8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

[​IMG]

daywalker02, 1Deep, SkareKrow and 6 others like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Funny, that's what Daryl said when asked "When will you get some help in here?" "It'll be some time."

;)

daywalker02 and ramotadab like this.
  10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Two months of free checks. Fat checks.

11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Paul had hamstring and knee problems almost every month last year, yet we sign him for way too much anyway. His contract was a huge mistake. We can't win with him out, yet we can't depend on him to stay healthy. I am so bummed right now that we didn't get a younger healthier star for all that money. I'm also upset that our winning streak came to an end, and unless we get another more durable star another chance at a Championship could be lost again. I blame this all on A guy who can't stay healthy and isn't worth 40 mil and so many traded players. I like Paul as a man, but think his deal has killed our future if he continues having all these health issues.

12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

He was way overvalued when we first traded half the team to get him. Then he proved the injury proneness was still there by missing games every month and in the playoffs when we needed him most. Did he lose his value after all that to our GM? Nope, he got a big fat raise and a ridiculous contract and we had to say bye bye to yet two more starters, Morey made a big fat mistake, and Morey should have seen that this is how his future would be after last year. I do believe in miracles, and I am still hoping somehow his hamstring and knee problems miraculously come to a stop, but I am afraid it simply won't happen.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Then maybe the dumbass GM and idiotic coach shouldn't play him as much.

Also on Chris if winning is his intention, you can't simultaneously handicap your team with the salary and expect to super max win also

daywalker02, ak99999 and deb4rockets like this.
  14. riko

riko Member

When we first got him we gave enough value for a first ballot HOF in his prime but no one could have foreseen such a rapid decline in his play in one season especially considering how great he looked last season

ak99999 likes this.
  15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

No offense, but if I saw it our GM should have. It just seemed like common sense to me to see this coming. I mean there was only one month last year that he didn't sit out some games for his knee or hamstring. Only one! It's not rocket science to see the pattern repeated itself all year long, and again in the Finals. I had a sick feeling he couldn't last through the whole playoffs because of his tendency to fall lame every month, and unfortunately he did. That should have been a big warning sign with train blowing sound effects and a flashing red light in a Morey's eyes to NOT base all our hopes and dreams on him being miraculously cured and falling in the fountain of youth to give us 4 more years, and flash so much money at him that they had to give more starters up as well. I simply hated the deal!

daywalker02 and ak99999 like this.
  16. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

I know people won’t like this and CP might not like it but Austin Rivers could help some. He may not wanna joint us though either. The tax penalty is probably too much for Tillman anyways. I think faried is a free agent too. One thing it true they need depth

RocketTheory and Stormy1234 like this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

CP3 = Yao Ming

You just don't see a healthy one ....like ever.

DD

deb4rockets and Stormy1234 like this.
  18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean...we need somebody. Literally anybody. Rivers is available.

GotGame15 and shvedsucks like this.
  19. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

get a ****ingg legit and playable 2nd point guard..

deb4rockets likes this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm just so fuccking fed up with morey at this point there's really not much more to say. he will always be held responsible for wasting harden's career.

deb4rockets, joshuaao and J.R. like this.