1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul is making history for the Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Dec 17, 2017.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and what happened in playoffs that year when west was injured?

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Except for when they played together.... right?

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

in 13-14, KD won the MVP and had OKC on a 57 win pace in the games Russ missed (Russ only played in 46 games that year)...in the games without Russ, he had a stretch where he scored at least 30 in 12 straight games on over 50% shooting

KD is capable of carrying role players to 50+ wins by himself

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

depending of whom you deem to be a better player or was better at the time

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

When Durant and Harden played on the same team, which of them had better teammates? ;)

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its not proven... its one thing to be on pace to win 57 games playing less than a half of season as lone superstar and completely different thing is to actually carry the team through 82 games

in 12/13 playoffs when russel got hurt he wasnt able to advance beyond second round losing to grizzlies and he played with another star -Ibaka and super familiar and compact team around him which is more than harden ever had

he actually almost lost to rockets in the first round were it not for refs help, some lucky shots and harden choking- a squad consisting of players of whom only 1 was an nba starter before...

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i guess, at least formally, it was harden, since durant was more established player then

Easy likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

c’mon man, stop it, KD is widely considered the 2nd best player in the NBA for a reason

U think a team of KD and role players is going to win like 45 games? KD can average 30, 7, and 5 on over 50% shooting to go along with good defense no problem if he wanted to.

Ibaka was never a star...

go back and look at that roster without Russ...

they were starting old ass Kendrick Perkins, a young Reggie Jackson, and a non-threat offensively in Thabo

what he did in the playoffs doesn’t have anything to do with whether he could carry a team of role players to 50+ wins and a high seed during the regular season anyways...he can

10. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Harden did the same thing in 2014-2015 season (first MVP snub) when Howard went down during the season and he played only 40 something games, Harden lead the rockets to 2nd seed and Harden literally had no one. we can make arguments about who is better all day long, each player has their weaknesses, but IMO Harden is better an all around player.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

I was just addressing this part of your post

“Durant is an offensive force and can't be stopped, but let me ask you this and i don't wanna sound biased, does Durant make his teammates better, or let me be more specific, would Durant lead a team full of role players (gordon, Anderson, Capela, beverley.....) to a 2nd seed in stacked western conference like Harden did last season...??”

the answer is yes

12. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I watched some Durant's game closely this season. I no longer feel that he is a better player than James Harden. His handle is quite suspect. His court vision is worse. His scoring efficiency is not as good as Harden's. But he does round/blocks better. However, these two skills are not as essential as scoring/playmaking for a Franchise player.

13. alethios

alethios Member

This season the gap has closed. I would argue we have the better team now, at full strength.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Durant did that the year he won mvp, so yeah he can. Durant unleashed is a sight to behold, you're never going to win a title like that, but even lebron can't win alone.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

He’s shooting better than Harden from the field, from 3, from the line, and has the higher TS% tho, so what do u mean by his scoring efficiency is not as good as Harden’s? He’s not scoring 30+ like Harden is right now because his team is stacked, but he could easily do that if he wanted too.

Durant can score just as much if not more than Harden does on better shooting percentages/efficiency, and he’s a much better/more impactful defender...KD can also give u 5+ apg

Harden has the edge in playmaking and getting to the line

I have KD 2 and Harden 3 tho so I don’t think there’s some big gap between them

my main point is that KD can carry role players to 50+ wins and a good playoff seed...Bron and Harden are the other 2

16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I know Russel was hurt that season, but he played 40+ games. I was implying to playing a full season with a bunch of role players and leading them to a 2nd seed, harden did it last season with a fully reconstructed roster, he played with a players that he never played before.

17. Harden's beard

CP3 is the third best player in the league