1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul is looking damn good

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Andre0087, Apr 23, 2019.

1. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

There is nothing CP can do at this point to get love from a majority of posters on Clutchfans. Now we are nit picking his turnovers or 3 point%?

There is a difference between an older/aged player, and one who is “washed”. A majority of fans on this site went all-in on with “washed” narrative and are holding there ground.

Then Morey haters can’t really root for CP because if he has a big playoff run, and we win, it will harder to sh*t on Morey for signing him.

Positive CP threads get little to no love on Clutchfans but the negative ones receive tons of responses. The “washed” narrative unfortunately won the day.

I think CP is primed and ready to face GS. He is a year older, not as fast or explosive ect. But outside of injury concerns I have no doubt that he will be one of the top players on the court, and I have no doubt that Harden/older CP will still outplay Steph and Klay in the next round.

jcf, IvanLCPM, BamBam and 5 others like this.
  2. Rockets Rule

Rockets Rule Contributing Member

Amen brother!

BaselineFade likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Morey's career is forever tied to the Harden move.

Chris Paul and Dwert Howard were just guys who wanted to ride the James Wagon to the championship.

4. AB423

AB423 Member

Give this man the ball more to shoot

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

not much stock in those that hate on cp3. most of them are the bad posters on this board so it doesn't really mean much.

they were shut up a long time ago.

Plowman and BaselineFade like this.
  6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He is clearly not at the level he was last year. He would take over games in stretches and whenever the game was in question, he would get a great shot every time he wanted. Not the case this year.

Denovo likes this.
  7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He has been the most consistent/arguably best player when spread over 4 games. The haters can suck it! I have confidence with Paul on our team

jcf, BeBreezy, xaos and 2 others like this.
  8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

He had a fastbreak dunk last game.

Didn't realize he still could.

Good work. Keep it up.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

You think he was getting great shots last year, stupid? He was MAKING difficult ones st an extreme level.

There is nothing athletically regressed this in his game. He’s been the most consistent scorer in the series on all drives and finishes.

The fact that he’s gone to the rim(SUCCESSFULLY against Utah of all teams), now that his 3 is broken shows there’s really no ability regression.

I’m sick of bad takes on this guy.

xaos likes this.
  10. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

***** the Jazz have a BETTER defense than GS.

Ingles has been ALL OVER CP3 in this series. He’s done what he’s wanted on Rubio/Mitchell. And even then they are strong man defenders themselves.

The only thing keeping Mitchell from elite status is his bad team defense awareness.

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

True they're a better team defense, but things are not going to get easy against the Warriors as far as HIS defender AND he will be chasing Klay Thompson around.

justtxyank likes this.
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The bigger issue is that Golden State isn't going to shoot like junk for stretches. They are going to hustle up the court, run you ragged on screens and motion, make a shot forcing you to come play half court against their defense and when they get the ball off your bad passes they'll run it down again and make a shot. You get run ragged.

It exhausts you offense and defense.

Mathloom likes this.
  13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Absolutely. While watching the Jazz go on cold streaks I'm constantly thinking "this will never happen to the Warriors".

On one hand, it's nice we're being tested against an elite defense. OTOH, the Jazz are very offensively challenged and I hope the Warriors don't overwhelm us that way.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah. In all 4 games so far we've had two big issues I think that would kill us against GS: 1) Leaving shooters wide open (and not just Rubio) 2) Still making the same soft, slow toss passes that get picked off/turned over easily if teams attack them.

Mathloom likes this.
  15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Umm first off calling me stupid was uncalled for but alright. Secondly, yes he was able to consistently beat his man off the dribble last year and get that 15 footer against anyone. There has been multiple times where Favors or Gobert have been on him this series and he was forced to pass off cause he couldn't get a good look.

16. bratna8

bratna8 Member

17. Fish36floor

Fish36floor Member

CP3 = 21 assists - 16 turnovers = 5 assists in 4 games

Utah is young, CP3 is old.

18. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

He has not looked confident in shooting the 3 AT ALL. He has passed up open looks, if he had confidence in the shot this series would be over

19. xaos

xaos Member

Didn't know where to post this thought and didn't want to create a thread but I don't think there's a person in the world who has been waiting for this more than CP3 (assuming Warriors beat Clips in the next two games).

I bet he has thought about it every day for the last year.

20. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

This rest is going to definitely help CP3...as long as he's healthy we have a great chance to take the Warriors.