1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul: I wish I can be half as good as Rafer Alston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macfan, Mar 8, 2008.

1. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Some guys just don't know how too handle people trash talking. I remember Gary Payton used to get into little fights all the time because of his trash talking just like Rafer does.

It's not that their classless, trust me what Rafer was saying during the game was probably much worse than what Chris Paul said after it. I remember Lebron James saying something similar about the Celtics and we all know Ray Allen and KG are some of the NBA's most classy guys.

2. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

Exactly. I wish I knew about CP3 being all over the nuts before all the announcers were all over his nuts. What a bunch of crap that he's a statesman and everything.

You don't go for the package. You just don't.

3. pchan

pchan Member

Kind of like when sometimes you play pickup games against some younger kids, usually middle school to high school kids, and you get on them in defense and have some slight contacts, and they will start crying and everything.

I just lost some respect for CP3.

4. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I accidentally quoted in that earlier post

I just saw the nut-punch and it is pretty bad.

I think someone earlier posted about the "katrinas", the problem was that all NO's riff-raff stayed here while they could live better than they normally would. All of the non-criminals were staying with family members in other parts of Louisiana and other states. Ever wonder why you didn't here about the same problems in other places? Not all "katrinas" are bad people.

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Thats the first Ive seen of CP3 hitting the dude in the nuts. Thats about as cheap as it can get...my level of respect for the guy has dropped tremendously in the last 10 minutes.

6. SmoothOperator

Now if we meet NO in the playoffs, if we could get the Rocket's staff to play the video. That would fire up the crowd....

7. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

KG has no class dude.

8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Hey don't blame Chris Paul. Every bit of the man he is was bestowed upon him by his late grandfather.

Oh, you haven't heard that feel-good story yet? Then you have no idea of the amount of pain I had to endure watching him at Wake when EVERY SINGLE GAME they would talk about his grandpa. If what they're saying is true then either Paul's grandpa is either rolling in his grave or cheering Paul on for being just the same bulldog he wanted him to be. The media is just a big magic box, stuff comes out of it and you never know where it came from. So-and-so is a "good guy", but so-and-so has an attitude problem and is a better athlete than person.

We watch the games; we can decide the players whose play we admire and detest for ourselves. Thanks to Youtube we can watch the salient clips as many times as we want. From what I've seen of him, Paul takes things very personally on the court and is definitely not the man of infallible honor that ESPN has made him out to be.

9. Mad-Mac

Mad-Mac Member

CP3, David West and Chandler all come off as punk ass *******. Rafer talks some and CP3 gets his panties in a knot, not to mention the punch. David West did several things last game, most noticeably the scuffle with Scola. Tyson Chandler seems to always be looking for trouble, in addition to havening an ego of a player much beyond himself.

Maybe I'm just projecting onto them, but they sure seem like they fit the billing. Beating them is becoming of the more enjoyable wins in the NBA for me anywho.

10. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I was just going by what players around the league, coaches and comentators say do you know something classless about KG. :confused:

I guess it wouldn't be the first time I heard something bad about a guy after nutgate.

11. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

all 3 of them have anger management issues. they take things too seriously on the court. ive heard that they're great people off the court but on the court, they just take it too seriously. paul and his cheapshots and immature jabbering, chandler and his celebration antics and jabbering, and west with his scuffling with scola and shoving landry. they just fire me up. i feel like i want to go on the court and give it my all. its good for the rockets and i guess rafers gets that feeling too.

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

just want to say, cause I didn't see it posted, but, That Rafer for James trade is lookin' mighty gooD!

13. HoustonRockets

Did hilltopper post the interview?

14. McYao

McYao Member

15. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

I thought West was justified in that scuffle with Scola, as Scola threw a dirty stealth elbow right to the side of West's head.

And through his longtime friendship with Yao, Chandler has seemed like a decent guy. *shrug*

Heat of battle, ***** happens. In the old days teams used to hate each other with a passion, that's how it should be. :)

16. SmoothOperator

Did you watch the CP3 package shot? That's a whole different level when you go for the velvet bag.

I agree that the league is better when it's not a friendly game, but we need to keep things above the belt.

17. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

agreed. notice I didn't defend cp3. ;)

18. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

Now all they need to do is get Jerry Sloan to coach them and they can re-enact the dirty Stockton/Malone Jazz!

19. Mad-Mac

Mad-Mac Member

Now that I've mostly calmed down, I agree. I like to see that players have a true passion for the game and winning. A lot of this for me is all for the stuff I have to hear from my New Orleans friend.

I still can't get over that nut shot. Yeesh.

20. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

it's like shaq saying he's playing like eric dampier. no big deal. chris paul is still the man. :eek: