1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul Flopping Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by MacYao223, Nov 12, 2013.

1. samoy

samoy Member

i couldnt agree more, the ref needs to start dealing with this sneaky b*stard

2. conquistador#11

vintage jazz style of game for cpflop. and he does so many things when 'fighting' through picks, he'll grab your jersey or nuts.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Spoken like a true Clippers fan.

The point being, Harden seems to have reverted to his OKC self. Maybe the fine will make him throttle back on the flopping.

How Chris Paul has gone the season without so much as a warning is not amazing, it's practically criminal.

I guarantee you the league wants to see the Clippers-Heat in the Finals. Guarantee you. CP3 and LbJ get an unbelievable amount of favoritism.

4. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

I think I speak for everyone on this board when I say there is no denying how good a PG he is. But when he shoots %90+ on free throws, it really is disgusting how he flops to get points on the line. Would love to see a Chris Paul on the court play his game without having to resort to flopping fouls to rack up points on his team. The irony of this is that he is the president of the Players Union and he was calling for tighter officiating on flopping last year...lol

5. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

I also forgot to add, he plays really dirty against other players as well. Remember how he was elbowing Garcia, until Cisco snapped on him that one game. Then Paul just walks off like he wasn't elbowing Garcia that whole time when the refs werent looking.

6. samoy

samoy Member

instead they keep blowing smoke up his arse rewarding him with free throws

7. gambingo

gambingo Member

His acting/flopping has gotten better over the years....really shameful for someone who is considered by many to be the top pg in the league today.

8. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. Grapenutz

Grapenutz Rookie

You really can't complain about flopping when James Harden is your franchise player tbh

10. domd221

domd221 Member

I think we're all just angry that CP3 gets away with it all the time though. We know Harden is a premier flopper in the NBA, but we'd like to see some equality from the refs and the league with the warnings and fines no matter who the player is.

11. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Oh come on. We rightfully chastised Harden for flopping. He deserved the fine.
    Hell, we even gave crap to Scola when he was with the Rockets.

The least you could do is admit that CP3 is a notorious flopper. Take off the homer glasses.

12. supdudes

supdudes Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NeRG5qHIxJ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:grin:

13. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

No one is justifying what Harden does, heck I'm glad he got that 5k fine, maybe he'll start just playing again.

But I'm amazed that CP3 hasn't even been warned yet this yr. I wonder if it has something to do with him being Pres of the Player's Union? Who knows, he's just gradually becoming less fun to watch the more he continues this.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Some people just cannot think logically. What does Harden's flopping has anything to do with Paul's?

Are you denying the fact that Paul is one of the (if not THE) biggest floppers, whiners, and cheap shot artists in the league all his career?

15. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

Man ya'll just hating on a literal art form.

I take off the ball charges in many rec leagues.

I stop when I get past my man, embellish a bump, and put up an off balance prayer to get to the line.
    I even look for random defensive arms to pull my jumper through.

Meanwhile, I tug on dudes jersey I'm not even guarding, climb on the net to swat dead ball shots the opposing team puts up, and am constantly on the refs about illegal D and hand-checking.

You don't just up and do these things.
    You prepare, put in the work, and seize opportunities.

16. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I think it's hilarious lmao.

Unless it's against us, then **** him.

17. afk

afk Member

It's like to Chris Paul, anyone he comes in contact with is covered in electricity. :grin:

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

No one is saying Chris Paul isn't a great player. He's fantastic.

But you disagree that he's a flopper?

Harden is a flopper, Lin is a big time flopper, honestly most of the NBA exaggerates fouls just to get a whistle.

The Jazz in the nineties perfected flopping at a time when it wasn't such a huge part of the game. Chris Paul has taken the rampant flopping that is now league wide and brought it to another level. Some of his antics are really a black spot on the league and make it even harder for officials to call the correct game.

The fact?? that he hasn't been fined this year is astonishing if true.

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

NBA's probably scared of fining him because he's in charge of the NBAPA

20. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>LAC’s Chris Paul receives flop warning ( vs. Minnesota on Nov. 11). See video at <a href="http://t.co/s31cRnMjez">http://t.co/s31cRnMjez</a></p>&mdash; NBA Official (@NBAOfficial) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBAOfficial/statuses/400371540367122433">November 12, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>