1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul doing Chris Paul things

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by durvasa, Dec 6, 2019.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

There is one more Chris Paul thing I need Chris Paul to do. Not play in the playoffs.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

At least not past the first round. :)

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Chris Paul scored 8 points when the game was already out of hand to make his boxscore look more respectable, but he was looking just as mediocre as he did in the 2019 playoffs for most of game 1

the most effective thing he did in game 1 was flop around like a fish

4. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

I dont think its was really moreys decision... more like a Tilman and or Harden decision

Contrary to what others think... I think had cp3 contract been lower to have money left for another star he would have still been on the team.

The thing is his contract wasn't a team move... he was looking out for himself instead of the team and thats alright. Thats why he cant/shouldnt hold a grudge.

#124 linvetb6, Aug 19, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    lilbird20, RustyHarden and roslolian like this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Chris Paul doing Chris Paul things...choking in the playoffs. WB cheering on the bench better than him at this point LMAO.

Yeah Morey did him dirty, but he also made it a business move by signing a 4 year max contract at his age. So he made it a business therefore he shouldnt blame the Rox for making it a business too.

Look at Rivers, nows thats a dude that is untradable cuz he signed the vet min when he had better offers elsewhere. Thats a dude Morey wouldnt trade.

linvetb6 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Think it wasn't that easy, the contract has been agreed upon and he was signed and traded for a lesser contract in order to get that bigger one as compensation.

And I think it was still Les Alexander overseeing it and agreeing to said handshake deal so that he could sell the franchise for more money as he did in the end.

At that point in history Paul probably thought he was enough to make the Rockets a contender and he wasn't completely wrong, they almost beat GSW.

Little did he know, his hammy would completely give up on him the next season too and he would suck lol.

So I dun think it was totally selfish of him, this was an agreed upon business decision.
    It just happened that CP3 was 33 and not 27, then it would have been fine.

Easy likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah there's some people that should probably shut up and quit acting like they know everything

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I've been saying this for a long time. In all appearance, the trade included the subsequent contract. So the trade was a much bigger gamble than a lot of people think. You effectively got a 30+ year old guy who had a history of injury, for a huge 5-year commitment.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

The decision to trade Chris Paul (for better or worse) was made by Rockets ownership.

While Chris Paul has been healthy and hasn't played poorly, he isn't the reason that the Rockets and Thunder are tied 2-2.

The Rockets are losing because they are being crushed at the line (-30 the last two games) and the Eric Gordon and the Rockets have not stopped Schroeder (59 points the last two games).

gfab-babyboi, HP3 and Deuce like this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

So some of you have CP3 boners that are still pointing skyward! Good for you!

Glad you got some enjoyment from the last two games. Most of us here were unhappy with the results.

#131 topfive, Aug 25, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    WestendMassive and HP3 like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Did I want the rockets to lose of course not but I’m not gonna be one of those people wishing the worst for cp3 and putting out fake news that’s he’s some scrub now

durvasa likes this.
  13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The Rockets are launching nearly 60 threes a game and they don't have any strong finishers at the rim. Harden can still draw fouls, but with no Westbrook who else is someone you expect to see at the line a bunch? It shouldn't be terribly surprising that we are at a FT deficit this series.

Easy and YOLO like this.
  14. jowman

jowman Member

Funny how public perception is the opposite of how things actually are. People loved Chris paul and hated Austin rivers when he wasn’t on the rockets. Turns out Austin is the classier dude, cp3 just a company man.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I know they're tight off the court but his antics against his dad are something else, Glenn helped his son coming into the league when teams lost interest.

Classy is something else than arrogance.

If you can't even show respect for a fam member who is a coach when on opposing teams, then he is far from being classy, my 2 cents.

#136 daywalker02, Aug 25, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  17. jowman

jowman Member

Yeah I noticed that too. Seems a bit spoiled, typical for the son of an NbA player I guess

18. TimDuncanDonaut

I remember that. That was when Schroder was going to his free throw.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Jontro likes this.
  20. Jontro

Jontro Member

noticed that too. pretty sweet shot. i tried it in a pickup game and got motion sickness

Ziggy likes this.