1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Jul 11, 2019.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Is it on Chris Paul that it didn’t work out anywhere he has been?

this trade didn’t have anything to do with the 2 of them, it was all about Tillman and Tilman jr

34to11 likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think as good as he was, he was never a pure scorer or volume scorer, that would have put him over the hump IMO.

He was at the mercy of other stars and front offices.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Their relationship would likely have worked out fine if Paul were about 4 years younger. Harden (along with Paul) is considered a all time great. And winning or not impacts that so much. Pressure is on!

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Hmm, were the 2019-2020 and 2017-2018 seasons erased from history?

Blows my mind that it makes people feel better to belittle Paul during an injury year (18-19) after he took us up 3-2 on an all-time great dynasty. Jilted ex-gf syndrome.

YOLO likes this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

If any Rockets fan thinks it's on Chris Paul, they're insane. Did they watch the 17-18 season? One of the greatest seasons in Rockets history. That was a championship team.... that team worked out. That team, when healthy, didn't lose.

Would they have this stuff about Clyde Drexler if he never won a ring with the Rockets?

Would they say the same thing about Vince Carter? Steve Nash? Elgin Baylor? It never "worked out" for them. It takes a helluva lot to win a ring in sports.

Now I ain't defending the contract. That sucked. And dishing out 2 firsts to trade for (what still looks to me as a lateral player to Chris Paul) is salt in the wound.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where do you see me belittling 2018 CP3? Blows my mind that peeps can’t read. :p

Facts, 18-19 CP3 is the best PG to ever play on the Rockets.

19-20 CP3 was scared to shoot and struggled to isolate on an ancient Andrew Bogut.

7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

James wanted Russ...as did Tilman.

34to11 likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

well it’s certainly more on him than it is on James Harden

there were no issues when he was playing at an elite level

Why is it on Harden that it didn’t work out like this 1 poster said when Harden was the one carrying the team and pulling his weight while CP was missing 20 games and falling off a cliff compared to what he was in 17-18?

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member