1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Mihm?....please Rudy NO WAY !!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jan 10, 2000.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I watched the UT game against Ucon tonight, and although Chris Mihm had another double double, I came away being underthrilled with him.

I know some on this board have wanted us to take him, and he has LOADS of potential. However, he has no heart...NONE...NADA..ZIPPO...nothing.

My definition of heart is someone who hates to lose, or takes it personally. Someone who is competitive to a fault. Mihm does not seem to possess any of these qualities, and thus will not be a major success in the NBA..IMHO.

Although I don't recall Tim Duncan having a lot of heart either...hmmmm

Nope, still don't want him. I want someone who has a mean streak, and will compete just as hard at marbles as he does at basketball.

DaDakota

2. brahma rocket

brahma rocket Member

bottom line no white guy will ever be a good center in this league again.

3. DaDakota

One last thing...he reminds me of Joe Barry Carrol.

DaDakota

PS..Brahma, I won't even touch that one, it has nothing to do with your skin tone my man.

4. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Amazing--that statement garnered a response--but just barely.

I wonder if the response would have been as restrained if this had been a Minnisota Vikings forum and someone had said, "bottom line no black guy will ever be a good quarterback in this league again."

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm almost as liberal as they come Pole, and that statement offended me. So don't think that those who hate racism only hate it when it's against minorities.

As for Mihm, it doesn't sound like you have watched a lot of games that he has played in. He has led them to a top 20 record, the Big 12 Championship last year, all the while showing lots of heart.

You don't have to run around screaming, yelling at your teammates and making faces to show heart.

6. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

I'll be glad when skin color is never mentioned when discussing a player. Seems we're not even close to that time yet.

7. DaDakota

Rocketman95,

I live in Austin and have watched him develop over these last few years, and I do not see ANY fire in this kid.

I know he has skills, but what I want in my Rocket players are the intangibles. The players that truly succeed in the NBA are the ones who can not stand to lose.

That is what I want out of our next HIGH draft pick.

DaDakota

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

As little as I know about college basketball and as much as I don't like discussing the draft, I have to say Chris Mihm seems like a good choice for us. He gives us size down low, and seems like he'd be a guy that'd be willing to not hog the spotlight, being content to play defense and grab rebounds while our guards run the team, at the same time possessing the skills to be a threat on the offensive end. Hopefully he has more game than guys like Perdue, Ostertag, or Polynice.

9. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Brahma: watch it.

10. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Wow...needed to respond to many of you...

Brian Kagy: Thank you

Brahma: Time for your 50,000 mile checkup. Your brain pan is dripping again.

Dakota: I disagree, although it will be interesting to see how high Mihm goes in the draft. As for fire, I don't see him playing with alot of emotion, but that doesn't mean he's not playing with fire. Makes me want to see how he plays after he is cashing game checks.

------------------
    Just Win Baby! More Than Four Times!

11. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

If that statement really offended ya'll, you guys have some pretty thin skin. I honestly doubt that brahma meant that literally.

At least we've moved on from the "white point guard" sterotypes!!

Mihm is good in the college ranks, but I don't think he'll dominate in the NBA either. I'm with you guys who think the guy just doesn't have what it takes to win at all costs.

------------------
    Tanking is not acceptable. End of story.

12. Im inclined to agree with Pimp on this one. Ive watched Mihm a few times and come to the conclusion (be it too early or not) that he just isn't atheletic enough to excell in the NBA.

He very well may make a fine center. But if he hits around 44% of his shots as pretty much a much taller participant ever game in the college ranks, what is he going to do against the Shaqs, Zo's, Sabonis, Wallaces, Mutombos, Ewings, Duncans, Robinsons, Hakeems, and Cambells, and Divacs of the NBA?

13. playahata

playahata Member

Mihm is damn good and he will be a better pro. He still needs a bit more bulk, but his offensive skills have improved every year. He can run the floor and plays great D. Texas never gives him the ball. Vitale was screaming to get him the ball ( as they should) when it was a 4 pt. game and Mihm was dominating. If he was the focal point of the offense he would average 20 plus. But I don't necessarily want him on this team.

14. brahma rocket

brahma rocket Member

that is an oppinion of mine or else i must really hate my mom and my grandmother and grandfather (god rest his soul ) on my mom's side.sorry i'm not politically correct, but i speak my mind , but i am far from being racist.

15. CaucasionSensation

I am also of the opinion that Chris Mihm will make a fine player in the NBA. But as far as superstar or star I have some serious doubts. I don't think he is as athleticly gifted as he needs to be. Or shows the fire of competition night in night out. But I do think he will do fine.

But the Rockets would never take with already having Cato and all. That would just be a mistake. We are a very weak team at the 3 and 4 and those are our pressing concerns.

16. DaDakota

That is my original assesment as well, I just do not see Mihm wanting the ball often enough.

Texas has horrible shooting guards, and what Mihm should be doing is demanding to touch it EVERY time down the floor.

He has superstar talent, but does not show that competitive zeal that I think creates the heart of a champion.

DaDakota