1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Kaman anyone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoxTurk, Nov 11, 2008.

1. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...=11~255~2763~1982&teams=12~12~12~10&te=&cash=

Throw Jason Hart from LA and Carl Landry from Rockets to the deal.And maybe some exception or cash considerations.Sign Mike Harris.

Yao/Dorsey
    Kaman/Scola/Hayes
    Battier/Artest/Harris
    T-Mac/Barry/Wafer/Artest
    Brooks/Hart/Barry/T-Mac

This team looks very, very solid.

I know this is a some kind of pipe dream but who predicted that we can get Artest for B-Jax, Greene and with a first round pick ?

2. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

I'd do it but we DON'T HAVE A PG THEN!

3. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

We do not have the right players to give up but boy that would be great :(
    Getting Mobley would be great too, trade Francis & Head for Mobley ;)

4. Tmacfan0115

Tmacfan0115 Member

Kaman requires too much money, It's best to just re-sign Deke.

I think trading Francis, Head and Dorsey, Not sure if it is fair salary wise

5. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

I dont know about that one fellas.

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

trust me sitting last friday at the clippers game everyone in the stands would love to get rid of chris kaman. the guy isnt a bad player he has skills but he is also got an issue with his brain and he just doesnt show up some nights and is pretty foul prone.

backup center i would love him but his contract is huge and we have no expendable assets to match really.

i do not want brooks starting i think he is perfect off the bench with is speed and scoring.

and say no to jason hart the guy sucks.

oh and its peter vecsey reporting

7. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

Why would we consider bringing that terrible contract to Houston?

Obvious no.

8. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

We have more use for Camby than we do Kaman, who is a good player.

9. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

I would say no to Chris Caveman just because of his contract. I was hoping we could of gotten Nenad Kristic somehow, I think all he wanted was the midlevel exception. I think Nenad would of been good backup for Yao.

10. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

No. Kaman is as overpriced as TMac.

11. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

We need length, height, and mobility at the 4/5 not Kaman at his pricetag.

12. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

Say what u want about Kama, I dont like him either but his services are fitting to our squad way better than Rafer. We can survive without Rafer but I dont think Deke will make us Rebounding monster team with playing just 10 min a night.

Think about Yao and Kaman on the court in the same time with Artest,Battier and T-Mac. Then look at bench and Scola, Brooks, Barry , Dorsey would be still there, it's huge.

13. verti89

verti89 Member

The trade you proposed is unreasonable for 1 big reason. 1 its a bunch of pgs (the Clips just signed a pretty decent one) and as was already said that would leave us empty there.

A more reasonable theory would be battier and francis, they get battier who is legit and francis contract, we get our backup Center. It makes more sense but I still wouldn't do it. Although I would like to see us move Battier before the trading deadline, I think he has the most value on the market and is the most expendable starter we have.

14. piyong

piyong Member

With all of respect to among Rockets fans!

Thats was very right may absolutely ROCKET PLAYERS just rate at their last performance.

What a very fake or the pure cynical of Rockets fan.

Written/propoese too much for trade and TRADE, but honestly thats all impossinbe you would got what will you want and need, just thinking other team, are of their just un-needs of their purpose and just give to Rockets as what us needed and give them whats your disposal`even un-match in trade. Wow just stay FANTASY LEAGUE. Which mean NOTHING even put it on with impossible .

Stay in faith all Rockets Nation, we just entered @ seven games in total.

15. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

I'm guessing he doesn't like the trade idea.

Kaman would be a great addition to the team. He is a rebounding and block shot freak and can also score. If the Clippers would take Rafer, SF, and Head plus a no. 1, we would be nuts not to go for it. Brooks could start and we could shop for a backup pg or re-sign strawberry. Yao and he could play at the same time against really big teams.

16. verti89

verti89 Member

WTF?!?!?!?!?!

17. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

WTF?? I cant see any english here ?

I'm believing in rockets, more than you do. But there's a problem, a fan'a faith doesnt bring you rings everytime. There are facts. And if we want to pass Lakers when we match with them in the Play-off's we need to sign a solid center. I love Mt.Mutombo but man be realistic he's not gonna make you to overcome Lakers,Suns in the play-off's, we're lucky if he plays 30 minutes while the hole serie.

I'm faithful, but take this ; We Are Hell UNDERSIZED In West !

18. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Kaman is great, but he's a center, not a PF, and we dont need to pay over $ 10 mil for a back up C when we can just get Mutombo later on for a couple mil. Kaman and Yao together would be the slowest front court in history...and as much as I'd looooove to get the Cat back, with Artest already here, i doubt we even need him :(

19. redao

redao Member

Yao for Kaman + Cat.

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

whats in it for the clippers? nothing. no future building blocks, just clutter behind davis.