1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Johnson Traded to D-Backs

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by tellitlikeitis, Jul 29, 2012.

1. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Steven Pearce for Cole Hamels (and a PTBNL)???
    Marwin Gonzalez for Albert Pujols (and a PTBNL)??
    JD Martinez for Mike Trout (no PTBNL)???

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Scott Moore for Ryan Braun (and a PTBNL)

3. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I will always have fond memories of his era - but, while not as vitriolic, I 100% agree. You can absolutely find a happy medium between "win now" and "win tomorrow" - and he short-sightedly trashed "tomorrow" over and over again in really remarkably stupid ways. (And F Baylor's new stadium.... Hi, Max! :))

I'm more and more convinced the team succeeded in spite of him. I was told a story about him the other day by a former Astro GM that would curl your toes with anger.

1 person likes this.
  4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Oops, forgot about that. I guess the new "upside" plan for lower-tier teams and FA signings will be to ink guys like Barmes with hopes of executing a July trade for an average prospect or two.

5. msn

msn Member

I agree with the general sentiment here re: Drayton. It's extremely sad, too. Prior to roughly 2006, the guy had been--by far--the best owner in franchise history. Sad thing is, even with the sewer hole he dug the franchise into the last five years, he still rates as the best owner in franchise history.

Here's hoping Crane quickly surpasses him and, unlike Drayton and McMullen before him who'd both begun fairly, finishes well and leaves a good taste in Houston's collective mouths rather than a soiled legacy.

6. Buck Turgidson

He stumblef**ked himself into success in baseball, due to a young bunch of talent that included a couple of HOFers. He did spend when the spending was proper to increase the value of his franchise (yay TV deal!); Les also walked into a good situation with the Rockets, but Les at least understood the game.

He's a huckster, charlatan, snake-oil-salesman. He sold the City of Houston and every single long time fan of the Astros down the river. The state of the franchise lays squarely at his feet, and his alone. He could have stopped it, but he did not care.

Max, you know I love ya and all, and I will try with all my might not to hate Baylor in perpetuity. ;) But every time the TV shows his name on that stadium, bile will rise and I will probably root for OU before yall.

7. msn

msn Member

OU?? Dude, that's some serious hate. :eek:

8. Buck Turgidson

"Competitive Balance Draft". Another Selig joke of a monstrosity of a sham.

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Whoa there. Let's not go that far. Take a deep breath, etc., etc...

10. msn

msn Member

speaking of Selig: for whom do you have more hate? Drayton or Selig?

For me, it's Selig by a landslide. I'd like to paint his visage in my toilet just so I can piss on him every day.

11. Buck Turgidson

The hate is strong with this one.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

CJ has five home runs in 8 games since the trade. Good for him!

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

And both guys we received have played great as well. Early on this trade has been great for everyone.

14. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

CJ is a decent player at best. Really hot right now but this won't continue.

15. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

He has always been a streaky player, never done it with HRs though. oh well he is with a better team now

16. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

17. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Why? His performance this season doesn't change the Astros outlook this year or next year at all. Krauss and Borchering might.

18. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Im just messing around.:)

19. Buck Turgidson

I'm just glad that someone else has to watch him play 3B. Hope he hits a gagillion homers and ****s the Dojers in the goatass.

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

In his last 35 plate appearances, Johnson has 4 hits, 1 walk and 3 RsBI. He has regressed to his norm.