1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Hardwick is an Emotional Terrorist

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Fantasma Negro, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I see you drive a hard bargain sir. feast your eyes on this depravity

What I felt that this man wanted was a woman who would feed him, sleep with him, and go to events with him.

Sickening.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

shitty person
    douchebag
    but

still not a rapist

Rocket River

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I think he was being funny. I laughed anyway...

BigM likes this.
  4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

It was a guilt trip, implying that you might break up with someone is not abuse, assault or even a threat.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Waiting on her response. Wasn't she supposed to release some damning a/v evidence if the perp didn't come clean? Chris pretty much denied it in his statement. #metooneedevidence

6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

She should file charges if she was sexually assaulted. It seems like she was in a relationship with a control freak she should have ran right away.

7. Beezy

Beezy Member

Her account is very similar to what my sister went through. She was emotionally abused by her husband until she finally committed suicide. She used to be a frequent poster on ClutchFans.

Hardwick joked about his relationship with Chloe on his podcast, calling it a midlife crisis. He married the $100 million Hearst heiress (4 years older than Chloe) a year later.

HeWhoIsLunchbox likes this.
  8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The OP left out some damning stuff from the writeup. Hardwick is a terrible person.

Emotional abuse is very awful. Its all the mental damage of physical abuse without the contact. Yelling at people for upsetting puppies seems definition of "triggered" pyscho snowflake.

That said, I dont consider this totally #MeToo. But I say its fair payback, because Hardwick intentionally sabatoged her career & livelihood even after breakup. Its kinda ridiculous expecting her to take the "high road" there.

9. Roscoe Arbuckle

Ugh. This type of opinion is idiotic.

I'm an *******. I have treated women crappily. But you dumbasses are trying to throw my folks under the bus now as well?

At what point in your myopic lives due you give one iota of credit to the lady? Because, as of now, you're acting like women have no choice.

Who is really being the womanizer?

CometsWin likes this.
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Damn. We hear all kinds of things on the internet (e.g. "I'm a strong black woman from the infamous BaylorBear09 or whatever), but I'm very much inclined to believe you and very sorry to hear of it.

Suicide is awful and on the rise.

11. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

So I read the article, and my view is that Chris Hardwick is a bad boyfriend but this person have some victim mentality as well.

For example, Chris Hardwick is a recovering alcholic, one thing you don't do with some one like that is drink in front of them. This is one of the things she listed as his control issue (he made me give up wine at dinner). If you chose to be with someone with the issue, don't you think you should want to give up alcohol? To even list that as one of his faults makes you question how considerate was she as a girl friend (did she bring value to the relationship beyond just being a pretty object)?

On the other hand, I tend to believe Chris treated her like a sex object because that's probably all she was to him. That's a crappy thing to do, especially long term. Also if the allegation of blacklist after breakup is true, that crosses a line to unacceptable (and he should apologize).

12. VanityHalfBlack

Dude was never funny. Show sucks, he sucks. Glad he got booted off of AMC.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like Chris professionally, and don't know him personally. From this account, he sounds like a horrible boyfriend. But I also wonder why this information is being shared. I don't care to hear everyone's details of their personal lives. I didn't need to hear this. Does she not have any friends she can talk to?

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Toyota Center getting more urban.

Clutch Fans getting more metro.

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Probably because he got her blacklisted in the industry. Call it karma. Sounds fair to me if he did get her blacklisted.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe. I'm not sure that I buy that Hardwick has enough power in Hollywood to really blacklist her except for the few shows on which he works.

But if he does have that kind of power and used it against her, then I would agree that it would be fair.

Rocket River likes this.
  17. Roscoe Arbuckle

She did this as a jaded ex-girlfriend who is trying to ruin his career.

At least she didn't murder him, which apparently happened to a friend of a friend this past week.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Getting put on blast nationwide for being a bad boyfriend seems a bit much.

The criminal stuff (assault, "blacklisting", etc) can be handled in court.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Hardwick ruined the girl's career. Hardwick didn't do anything illegal, but he got what he deserved IMO. Karma is a b****. He can live off his super rich wife. He'll be fine.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Note we only have one side of this story. She clearly has her own problems, as does Hardwick, but this open airing of dirty laundry is just vindictive and doesn't really fix anything.