1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris "Grandpa" Paul for $40mm/yr, or Beverley + Montrezl for $12mm/yr + 1st rd pick?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Dec 18, 2018.

1. BigBum

BigBum Member

Going forward,

2 big overpaid contracts = no championship

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

You do the trade every time.

Going forward I’d rather trade CP3 for pure cap space cause you can then create more space by moving Knight and/or EG for space (with a pick) and then have the opportunity to chase a superstar (Kawhi, KD, Kyrie) AND others (terry rozier as an example). Rozier, Harden, Kawhi, Tucker, Clint for example (pipe dream I know)

It’d be a big roster restart... but this team is probably not making the playoffs absent Harden playing like a crazy MVP... and that’s insane. Says a lot about the need for a roster restart.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The value is in the "headroom." The ceiling a player can reach in a "playoff" atmosphere. When everyone ratchets it up another level in the playoffs.....do role players have that other level, that other gear? Many don't. That is the value add to "high ceiling players."

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Can we trade CP3 for CP3O?

[​IMG]

Rocket River

5. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

This is defamation of character and I take it very seriously. If you do not retract your statements, you will likely receive very, very clear confirmation that I only have one account here, and also that I am attorney. The fact that this is my sole account can easily be confirmed through IP logs. Nonetheless, you are making disparaging statements about me with malice and reckless disregard for whether or not they are true.

The tactic of engaging in personal attacks rather than engaging an idea is a classic method employed by those who do not have anything of merit to say. I would ask that you either leave my thread, or keep your posts on-topic.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Admit it; you missed the opportunity to be first on CFnet to nickname CP3, "Grandpaul," in your thread title, and it has made you sad.

Is that on topic?

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  7. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

I find it very disingenuous that you are attacking people for defaming you, but you include a completely unnecessary and inflammatory "Grandpa" descriptor in your thread title for Chris Paul. If you are an attorney, I submit the way you purposely biased this thread to invoke strong negative emotional responses from every real fan of the Rockets on this board suggests that you aren't a very good one. (An attorneys job is getting people to agree with them...)

Oh, and by the way, threatening legal action against someone for saying mean things to you on an anonymous chat forum where the #1 activity to be expected is random trolling of self-important d-bags is sort of grade-school. If you are going to get all butt-hurt over trolls, aren't their safer things you could be doing with your time like joining a knitting circle?

Deuce and topfive like this.
  8. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Cut the crap dude, “defamation of character” lol, hard not too laugh at this post

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

yes, but both mothers could be rocking 30-something MILFs, or "not guilty" teachers, even.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  10. thekad

thekad Member

This really puts it into perspective. Even with CP3 playing like garbage, no one with any basketball sense would trade him for the players we gave up.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Did someone just threatened someone else with legal action?
    OMG

Comedy Gold!

Rocket River

Patience likes this.
  12. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

CP3 is going to recover. I just don't buy him going from borderline MVP on the Rockets in 2018 to washed up a few months later. I believe we'll see CP3 2018 Game 5 western conference semi finals edition before to much longer and then everything will be alright..

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Let me get this straight: If I don't apologize, you'll sue me for defecation of character?

I may need a chart to properly understand that.

Patience likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

attorney???
    [​IMG]

topfive likes this.
  15. basketballholic

C
    CP3 is on cruise control here. Just costing along. You can bet you boys that he'll be tough as nails come March.

16. HookemHorns1250

I’m sure this will be bashed... but I still have no idea how people can forget that last years championship was literally being handed to us.

Yes, he’s had injury problems before we got him. But he had a pretty injury free year last year (serious injury), had games in the post season where he single handedly won us games. It took a freak injury, for us to lose on a championship year. A CHAMPIONSHIP during what’s being called as one of the best dynasties in nba history. I’m also not ready to completely give up on him for this year. So I don’t think you can judge who won that trade.

topfive and HP3 like this.
  17. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Everyone knows, CP3 shows up big in playoffs. Who do you want to control the ball/prevent turnovers? He’s got the best handle in the game. We just need to limit his minutes drastically like Poppavich used to do. Bring on Jeremy Lin!

18. sheb

sheb Member

19. fattz

fattz Member

It’s not Paul the player, it’s the amount of cap space to keep him. He seems to just be cashing checks till the playoffs (we hope). We could have a better team if he left us some cap to work with. Some say he needs a backup => he gets paid well to play so play.

20. sheb

sheb Member

Chris Paul is taking notes from Lebron James
    He’s taking it easy and will turn it up in the playoffs
    I’m good with that

BaselineFade likes this.