1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Gatling?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MrBastard, Oct 4, 2000.

1. MrBastard

MrBastard Member

What about this guy? He's a power forward who can score. He's been traded five times in the last 18 months. He's currently on the cleveland roster, but hasn't shown up because, hell, it's Cleveland. So far, the rockets have picked up Mo Taylor and two more Matt Bullard-types. At least this guy's proven, I think he was in the all-star game once. Send Carlos Rogers to Cleveland for this guy. Carlos may be a tall man, but that doesn't make him a basketball player.

MrB

------------------

2. TB3

TB3 Member

cleveland trades: Chris Gatling $5,550,000 to houston
    cleveland trades: Matt Harping $1,244,880 to houston
    TOTAL: $6,794,880
    houston trades: Carlos Rogers $2,200,000 to cleveland
    houston trades: Walt Williams $4,250,000 to cleveland
    TOTAL: $6,450,000

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to cleveland and houston being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. cleveland and houston had to be within 15% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining agreement.

------------------

3. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Chris Gatling is Mo Taylor with a headband. But old (33). I'd prefer getting a forward or center who could actually play solid defense.

And RealGM must not have anything in there about the 60 day rule. Gatling can't go anywhere for awhile, since Cleveland just landed him.

I still love the name "MrBastard". [​IMG]

------------------

4. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Gatling can be traded on or after October 29th.

On a per minute basis, Gatling ranked in the top 50 last year in points, reboundS, FG% and FT%.

I am not sure if I'd do this but KT and Walt for Gatling works in RealGM (after 10/29). If the Cavs would throw in a 1st round pick, we would be just about guaranteed to get Morris or Battier.

Another plus is Gatling's contract ends after 2001 while KT is 2003 & Walt is 2002. This means more $ to sign Shandon & Mo (or bid for Webber).

This is a tough call!

------------------
    GATER

[This message has been edited by GATER (edited October 04, 2000).]

5. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Uh, no.

------------------
    Watch...the Wizard is gonna work magic this year!

6. TB3

TB3 Member

RealGM did tell me that this trade could not occur until the 29th, but gave me an option to see if the trade would work after that date has passed.

I would make the trade for Gatling and Harpring because Gatling could be a good teacher for the long guys and provide cap relief soon, and Harpring is an young and tough small forward who could be a good backup for years.

------------------

7. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

What's RealGM and where can I get it? [​IMG]

------------------
    Who's ya daddy?

8. TB3

TB3 Member