1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Copeland at the 4?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by phantoman, May 17, 2013.

1. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

I was thinking about our problem at the 4 spot, and with the way we play an our offensive scheme we really need a four like Lamar odom. That leads me to think that te perfect person for this spot that would be a cheap pick up will be Chris Copeland. Yes he plays sf but he is big enough to play thr 4, kind like reshard lewis but way cheaper. He is coming off a rookie scale contract and we receive a qualifying offer from them Knicks making him a restricted free agent. Which is perfect for Morey because he likes to screw the Knicks over and he like restricted free Agent contracts.

Here is his full year stats - it seems very underwhelming
    Points 8.7
    Rebounds 2.1
    Assists 0.5
    FG% 47.9
    Y! Fantasy Rank 252

But all of that is playing only 15 min per game and shooting well over 40% fr behind the arc. He is playing pretty well in the playoffs right now.

What do you guys think? The only negative for me is he isn't a player that grabs a lot of boards and doesn't block shots which is what we need right now.
    But if we do get Howard and have to loose asik (which I don't want to loose). It will give Howard the team that is very similar to his Orlando days but with an extra star to play with.

1 person likes this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Never in my life did I think a Chris Copeland thread would come about

1 person likes this.
  3. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Let's land a big fish first before filling out the roster with role players.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Copeland is still a work in progress.

If we were in a complete rebuilding phase, maybe.

But with an addition of a superstar, which is what the FO is wanting to do, we'll be good enough to contend.

We have enough role players already. No need for Chris Copacetic.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

Why not? Are you implying 29 year old developing 2nd year players aren't Morey's cup of tea?

I mean, if the Rockets put some effort, Copeland may be fully developed one year before he retires.

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I kind of would like to bring Novak back to be in the rotation @ the backup 3 and 4 spots. Probably not the primary backup @ either position but the fifth guy.

7. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

We have three pretty good young guys, one of whom (I'm convinced) will turn out to be pretty good. The last thing we should do at the PF position is to make a marginal improvement. If we want to upgrade the position this year, it needs to be in a serious way. No Stoudemire, Gasol, Anderson, or Boozer. Must be Smith, Bosh, Nowitzki, Garnett or better.

8. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Na, we have TJones and Dmo as stretch fours. He is a restricted free agent so need to overpay, not worth it.

9. CertifiedTroll

Copeland shows skill on offense and some hustle. Wouldn't mind him for cheep

10. basketballholic

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

With the restricted factor it will take no fewer than FOUR MILLION DOLLARS and probably THREE OR MORE YEARS to sign CC. You're thinking this is cheap?

If you think you want to sign the gent then think how much cheap is.

12. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I understand your feelings on Copeland. He's impressed me every time I've seen him play. He can hit the outside shot but most of all he seems to have that fire when he plays.

Unfortunately, in our situation right now with 3 young PFs, I don't think he is the solution at his price range and talent level. We should go for a big fish and/or develop our young PFs.

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

14. Swishh

Swishh Member

Wow , just wow...

15. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Much better depth at the 4. Pass.

16. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

5 star thread.

17. Lihao

Lihao Member

i think that's the point, we've got plenty young pf , Dmo, Tjones , Trob , Greg smith, or you can even include #bewell White, why we still need another 29 years old developing PF?

18. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

copeland was like the greatest role player of 2013 regular season.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Might as well bring back the GOAT!

[​IMG]

20. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Two thumbs up!!

If we get Howard, trade Asik fo Ilyasova. Probably has to be a 3 way since Bucks alreay have Sanders as their future 5.