1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Christie traffic scandal: An end to presidential plans?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jan 8, 2014.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Huh? Do you think Hillary's campaign operatives somehow convinced Christie's aids to do this?

I'm not jumping to conclusions about if Christie had anything to do with this but it is very clear his aids did this. I am not sure how Hillary's campaign is involved.

2. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

uhhhh yeah.. are you new to the internet? You are arguing to a schtick caricature so none of this is reality-based - it's derp based.

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

This is amazing.

I know it has not yet been three years since your prediction, but have you had to put down your dog yet to protect him from the hungry bands of poors looking to put meat on the table?

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Hillary's operatives are disguising the poors from you -- but don't doubt for a second that they are there and they (or the liberal ones anyway) are looking for a forcible hand-out of dog flesh!

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You. Are. Delusional. Blame Hillary? Pleeeease just stop.

This is New Jersey, probably the politically dirtiest state in the country. I've wondered from the beginning if being from NJ would bite Christie. Not surprised something like this rears it's ugly head.

Hopefully he survives and is the GOP nominee. Better for this to happen now than in 12 or 24 months.

I want to vote for him against Hillary. Getting through this can make him a stronger candidate.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The louder and more often you hear FAUXtards, the further right the center moves, if you have a big voice that is more centrist on the right side, it negates the strategy and allows for compromise instead of gridlock.

The 1% own the popular media.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm surprised to see so many posters play it down. Christie's own friends, aides, and appointees did this stuff in an obviously retributive manner. It is more likely than not that Christie did know it was happening. If he did not know, he should have known, and what does it say about him that he didn't? He has not just one sabateur in his organization, but a whole band of them that can run wild without him knowing? That doesn't look good either -- he's either crooked or has no control over his own organization, and I'm not sure which is worse. What sort of corporate culture does he perpetuate there that would make his aides think this was okay to do, with or without him? So, maybe he's both crooked and inept.

This isn't a partisan thing for me -- I'm just appalled that state officials would behave this way. I had liked Christie, so far as Republicans go, and he seemed to me a more palatable presidential candidate than most of the crap that seems to be in the field for both parties. But no longer. Whether he knew anything about it or not, this whole thing says very bad things about him. If I lived in New Jersey, I'd want a recall.

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

How much is Bridget Anne Kelly getting paid?

9. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

maybe Hillary gave him the aids.

>.>

1 person likes this.
  10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

http://www.northjersey.com/fortlee/GWB_lane_closures_delayed_EMS_response_in_Fort_Lee.html?mobile=1&ic=1&iphone=1

No need to worry. All politicians do this or something. Total no scandal. :rolleyes:

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Probe launched ... no word on if it will survive the black hole at its center.
    _____

Christie fires aide in NJ bridge scandal; prosecutor launches probe

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie on Thursday fired a top aide who apparently helped orchestrate massive traffic jams at a busy commuter bridge to settle a score, saying he had been blindsided in the scandal that threatened to tarnish his political image.

As Christie apologized publicly for the abrupt lane closings seemingly ordered by some of his staff, and which he said he did not know about beforehand, the office of the U.S. Attorney in New Jersey said it was launching an investigation.

Revelations that his staff may have had a hand in plotting the four-day lane closures at the George Washington Bridge in September, causing hours-long jams that stalled commuters, school buses and ambulances, come as Christie has emerged as a powerful figure in the Republican Party and a possible presidential contender.

The controversy erupted with the release on Wednesday of emails showing Christie's aide and allies appearing to plan lane closings in what critics said was a bid to punish the Democratic mayor of Fort Lee, at the New Jersey end of the bridge, because he had declined to endorse Christie's re-election effort.

"I am embarrassed and humiliated by the conduct of some of the people on my team," Christie said. "I am who I am, but I am not a bully."

At the news conference, Christie referred to the lane closings as a "rogue political operation."

link

12. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

OBAMA!!!

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Christie following the Obama "I know nothing, I read about it in the paper, no one is more angry about this than me, we will get to the bottom of this" playbook.

14. mc mark

15. Classic

Classic Member

I'm ready for another beer summit.

16. tallanvor

with who? the family of the lady he may have killed?

Seriously though, isn't there a manslaughter case against someone here?

#76 tallanvor, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  17. mc mark

Anyone notice there doesn't seem to be a rush from Mr. Christie's political allies to step up and support him in his time of need?

Where's Mr. Priebus?

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think some charges may be appropriate, but not manslaughter.

19. tallanvor

If your child or parent was in an ambulance that was delayed due to this and they died, what would your response be? nothing? I guess nobody knows what they would do until it happens to them.

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

She was 91 and in cardiac arrest. Odds were not in her favor to survive.

Christie will easily overcome this. I'm just not sold he can win the primary anyway.