1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Chris Broussard Twitter) Rockets want Nene, Denver not interested

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeyharris, Feb 21, 2011.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not happening for Jermaine, we would get picks/assets from another team.

These picks would probably be put on the table with our others for Nene.

2. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

That would make zero sense to trade an expiring contract for another expiring contract. Jermain Oneal is not getting traded for Battier. There is zero return in that trade.

3. moreyball

moreyball Member

BREAKING NEWS: Sources close to me are saying that the Denver Nuggets are willing to trade Nene to the Houston Rockets for K...Nah I'm just playin

4. STUD

STUD Rookie

This pretty much confirms with what the OP posted, Nene is staying a nugget.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/25085/sources-nuggets-seek-nene-extension

With Nene wanting to stay in Denver and the Nuggets already looking to extend Nene, Its pretty much a done deal that his not being traded.

Its time to start looking at for a young center~! :grin:

5. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

How many of you have actually watched this guy? Please no. I've never seen a more clueless and stupid NBA player. You think Jordan Hill is bad and infuriating, just wait until you get a load of JaVale.

All he does his jump and wildly swat at shots, often resulting in goal tends. His help defense is pathetic for what it should be. Has no idea how to position himself and doesn't like contact. He's not a good post defender, because he gets backed down without hardly putting up a fight.

He also never learns seems to learn from his mistakes, and doesn't seem to have the desire to get much better. So many times I've seen the Wizards coaches just shake their head after another stupid play. Trust me, we don't want this guy. He's simply not a starting center on a winning team.

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I thought Nene was.

7. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

cough cough brooks cough

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Good. Nene is a good player but he's only going to extend this mediocre period for the Rockets.

The Rockets need to be doing everything to get a superstar player. Not more role players or borderline all-stars like Nene.

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

They'll change their tune by Thursday.

Not saying the deal will happen but I have a hard time believing a player on his level is essentially "untouchable".

10. HOUSTONROCKETS5

Outside of Martin and Scola, the rockets have nothing of equal value for Nene. Plus they are about to have him sign an extension with them. So, game over buddy, the rockets are lottery bound! :grin: