1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Chris Broussard Twitter) Rockets want Nene, Denver not interested

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeyharris, Feb 21, 2011.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nene said he didn't want to leave Denver, his family loves it there.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The main difference this year is that we don't have any valuable assets, outside of Courtney Lee.

3. Convictedstupid

Yao's expiring this year is arguably better than Mcgrady's expiring was last year.

4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I bet Raymond Felton didn't want to leave either. It's not up to him. And I don't see him opting out and losing $ with the new CBA.

I'm not sure if Denver will deal him or not. I do find it interesting that he's been 'available' all this time leading up to the NYK deal, now suddenly pulled off the table. My hunch is that it's DEN's way of getting teams to up the ante.

5. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Sorry, but you have to prove this to me. What deal has been out that you so expertly think the Rockets should have made?

6. Hball

Hball Member

In Morey I don't trust, Martin's the main reason were so boring to watch.

7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I still believe in morey, and you know what after all this speculation I get the feeling "the rockets want Nene" is just rumor, Morey always works on the down low, no one knows what he is cooking, so the next few days are gonna be entertaining.

8. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Grady's contract was valued by the Knicks for the Summer of LeBum. There isn't even a CBA this summer.

Grady's contract was ultimately tied to Carl Landry @$3M. The Rockets this year don't have that kind of bang for the buck potential to add as a sweetener.

As far as expiring...to who? The Knick are supposed to peddle Eddie Curry's expiring (and Anthony Randolph) to the TWolves. The Rockets? :confused:

9. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

There are trades out there. But, Morey must be hedging his hand right now. It's a poker game; let's see who blinks first.

Morey's done well in the past. I think other GM's know this: Last year they got Kevin Martin/Jordan Hill for Landry/McGrady - I still like that trade.

We all know that this team needs a defensive/Rebounding center. Hayes gives effort at an inspiring rate. But he does have major short comings. Let's face it, inspirational play only makes a good story for short periods of time. Professionals sports is a result based business.

I am curious to see if Morey strings along a GM for a "Morey type of trade". ;)

10. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

How do you figure? Tmac's value was 1) 23 mil expiring for teams looking to clear space for a 2010 FA frenzy (not the case for 2011) and 2) tmac could still play with a question remaining at that time of at what level. (Yao can't play this year at all so his value is only in the expiring). What other value in yaos contract would make it more valuable than tmac's from last year that we could expect anything close to last years net return?

1 person likes this.
  11. amaru

amaru Member

Agreed.

T-mac' expiring was more valuable b/c of the impending bonanza as well as the fact that he could actually suit up for your team and hypothetically get back to where he was.

There is no free agent bonanza on the horizon and Yao won't be suiting up for a while.

So at this point:

Tmac > Yao

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yao's insured contract is worth so much that we probably won't trade it...

McGrady was so cancerous that we had to trade him and his contract...

13. Convictedstupid

Yao's contract is so intriguing because of the insurance. Even though Mcgrady's contract ending before the summer of Lebron, teams this season still want to save money. The Pacers/Hornets are hemorrhaging money right now. I don't think it's outlandish to think that some teams really want Yao's mostly-insurance-covered contract right now.

As for a bang for the buck type of player, Lee fits that description.

14. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

The Hornets are in the playoff chase. Go look at their roster and find ONE player...hell any 3 players they'd give you for Yao. They only have 10 contracts for 2011-12. Not happening.

The Pacers are under this years' LTax and have only $35M committed for 2011-12.

Any more mud you want to try to stick to the wall?

EDIT: Yao Ming's insurance policy pays half his salary. The Rockets have already paid Yao 57/82's of his salary...or ~$12.3M. The balance owed is ~$5.4M. Insurance picks up half. This is not Grady money.

#74 GATER, Feb 22, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  15. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

16. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

There has to be picks involved. makes no sense to trade battier for an expiring contract.

18. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I know O'Neal is a center but with his injuries and age he is basically useless. This would be a tip of the cap to Battier for all the hard work he has put in over the years.

19. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

They are just ripping off Bill Simmons' suggestion he made via twitter. No legs to that rumor that I'm aware of.

20. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

Amen brother!! I just got done telling that to my friend. The players that are available today, have probably been available most of the season. There will be a whole different group that become available the last 2 days, especially the last day like Kevin Martin! It amazes me that people make comments like there are no talks happening! How on earth would we know everything thing that is being discussed!