1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Bosh thinks LeBron James will end up in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 7, 2018.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

my opinion, but I think
    Or Kawhi. Or Jimmy Butler. Whoever. The Lakers can pay the price. If Davis goes on the market, the Lakers won't be the only bidder....Boston.

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Giving up capela to the cavs or a 3rd pr 4th team makes it alot easier

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Will Bosh come to Houston? With the kind of moves that it would take to get LeBron to work salary-wise, we can use a competent player to fill in 10 minutes a game.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. Game7

Game7 Member

FINALLY!

DonKnock likes this.
  5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Point is, while it may be complicated, it’s doable. And Capela is an incredibly attractive trade chip for Cleveland. They need a player like him at the center position desperately.

6. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

7. DVauthrin

It’s certainly possible LeBron goes to the Lakers if PG13 agrees to join him, but he would have to believe a trade was already lined up to deal some of the Lakers young talent for a third star. At his age, he’s not interested in waiting two or three years for a team to be ready to beat the Warriors.

#87 DVauthrin, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    Bobsputin and D-rock like this.
  8. DVauthrin

The only player on that list that might be available right now is Kawhi, but the Spurs very well may patch that relationship up this summer like they did with Aldridge. The Wolves aren’t moving Butler nor are the Pelicans trading Davis. So LeBron is going to LA in hopes such a trade materializes later? Sorry, don’t see it.

He’d go to Philadelphia before the Lakers in such a scenario.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't agree about the Davis scenario, that package wouldn't be enough simply cause the Pelicans will not move him for at least two years, and when that will happen (because i think it will) Ainge will be all over that, he has more and better players to trade, more and better picks, a better coach...but they can do something similar to get Kawhi maybe, or Butler.

I do agree with you on the Lakers in general though, let's say i'm starting to feel like the Lakers might be a bigger deal than what i/we thought, they have a legit chance to basically get three big names, having Pelinka there is probably going to help them too.

Good post btw.

#89 Vivi, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  10. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I just don't buy the Laker hype by the media. I could be wrong, but if you're going to leave Cleveland, wouldn't you want to go to a fairly stable team that has proven itself a play-off winner?

Lebron saw what a disaster OKC was last year by just trying to mash 3 guys together. HOU has a proven winner, creative coach, MVP, HoF PG/Close friend, plus depth. HOU was so close to beating GS this year, we all could taste it. LeBron could come here and play with his besty, and a MVP that will take the burden off him, extend his career, and position him to win another 2-4 championships.

LAL doesn't really do that, even if you bring in a 3rd star, you spend a good chunk of the year trying to build chemistry and working on the offense and defense. Same goes for the silly report on LeBron and PG13 going to NYK--why fall for the click bait.

HOU has the only team that by adding LeBron will dominate and could clearly send GS home before the finals. Then who could even come close to touching us from the East--Bos or Philly. Boston will be scary with their 2 stars back next year, but doubt they can beat our team in a 7 game series.

Yes, there are a lot of pieces that need to fall in place and someone will have to take Anderson, but I think that should be doable this year. He's not a horrible player and would look good with some teams that need the spacing.

11. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

F*ck this guy. He cost us an entire offseason with his non-commitment. He can choke on his insurance check money for all I care.

lionaire and BigShasta like this.
  12. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

I watched Lebron's interview from today. Strongly implied that he wants to win. Trying not to get excited about it but I think he might want to come to H-town.

D-rock, DonKnock and sammy like this.
  13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Three super-max contracts. One team.

Unless CP3 and LeBron take less up front and the contracts balloon in a certain year?

Still, fun to speculate, isn’t it?

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't really want Lebron here. I get that there are scenarios that could get him here but they all seem unrealistic. I think Clutchfans needs to lower their expectations and just expect to have pretty much the same team back next year. Makes me nervous since we really don't have any young guys besides Clint and James, but oh well, we are all in at this point.

amaru, justtxyank and BigShasta like this.
  15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sources re: Your butts?

Hold on to'em

16. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Mr jurassic also thinks hes a rockets done deal till he backstabbed us for miami for $$$$$$$ and we escaped a career ending.

17. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Why would Capela choose to go to a rebuild in Cleveland when he could run it back in Houston or pick a better situation?

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Why doesn't it ?! The narrative that anyone needs to take a paycut for a player with a player option to force his way here is false.

The only thing it affects is how much tax Tillman pays.

They can do what they can do regardless of how much they pay their Bird or Restricted Free Agents as they can exceed the cap to sign them accept under a sign and trade scenario where they are hard capped - Neither Lebron or PG13 would fall into that category as both have Player Options (or players in the final year of a deal which would make them UFA) which gives them leverage over their current teams.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

That really doesn't make sense to me …. because shedding salary would be their number one demand in an opt in and trade scenario.

He leaves they are immediately a lottery team ….. with a bunch of bad contracts putting them at $103.25m in salary with only 10 players under contract.

The tax threshold is $123m for next season which they would be under with 5 roster spots to fill ….. but who wants to pay $103m for a 15win team ?!

Wouldn't you (as GM) much rather shed Lebron and other salary while getting a couple bullets to fire in the draft ?!

I cant see Cleveland not cooperating with his sending him to his preferred destination.

20. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

CB4 sounding like he wants to join lebron in Houston for the vet min! He already said last year he would play for three teams in a comeback (Houston,To, ?)