1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Bosh or Chris Paul?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yao#1, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Brooks and Scola, the 2 best rockets last season is certainly a large share of the farm

2. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Paul is a better player overall
    but we need a PF and Bosh is exactly what we need ..

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

why do we need a PF?

4. DarylMoney

DarylMoney Member

Obviously Paul and Bosh would be an upgrade over what we have at those positions.

But in my opinion a team of Paul, Martin, Ariza, Scola, and Yao beats a team of Brooks, Martin, Ariza, Bosh, and Yao. Simply not enough ball to go around with Brooks, Yao, Martin, and Bosh

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

6. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Agree. Brooks is important this season because we don't have yao and martin earlier. For yao/bosh/martin to succeed, Brooks simply shouldn't shoot as much going forward, and that takes away his major strength-shooting and will expose his lack of defense and average assist/to.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Interesting way to look at it. Not sure if I agree, but I do think Paul is the better player. All things being hypothetical, do we need an upgrade at the 4 more than we need the same thing at the one?

8. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

neither. i would rather have carlos boozer than chris bosh.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

People underestimate how good both of them are.....Brooks in his first year as a starter carried this team offensively for more than half a year.....

20ppg and 5apg is danged good when you are passing to Hayes, Battier and Trevor.

Is Paul an upgrade, sure he is....but we aren't getting him in a one on one swap...

Same thing with Scola, he is the heart of the team, the guy that gets others to up their play to keep up with him.

Bosh is better, but if you have to give up Brooks and Scola, it is not worth it.

And honestly, Brooks is the most important player on the team right now because he is the ONLY ONE THAT CAN GET HIS OWN SHOT......

Something any balanced team desperatly needs.

DD

10. DarylMoney

DarylMoney Member

I agree, BUT with a PG like Paul the need for players who can create their own shot is somewhat less.

I just think what makes Brooks so effective is that he is a shoot first PG. I am not so sure the Rockets need a shoot first PG next year more than they need a true PG who can score.

11. DaDakota

We aren't getting Chris Paul.

DD

12. DarylMoney

DarylMoney Member

Obviously.

But the title of the thread wasn't "Do you think we are getting Paul or Bosh?"

I was simply making a hypothetical choice of which player I thought would be a better fit for the Rox.

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I think Paul is a better player, but Bosh probably fits this system better. The Princeton offense dosen't need a distributor point, it needs a scorer. Bibby was never a big assist guy.

14. DaDakota

Ah, yes, I think Paul is the better player, but I can't stand him as a person.

:)

DD

15. cml750

cml750 Member

Maybe they can use Yao in a trade with either NO or Toronto. We could possibly end up with both Bosh and Paul and get rid of the yearly injury albatross we have in Yao. Paul would turn Bosh into a a superstar and have us in the championship mix every year. Paul could turn Yao into a superstar too but we would only be waiting for his annual season ending injury every year. I like Yao but we need to move him while he still has some trade value to get out from under his injury problems!!!

16. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

I dont think it would be to smart giving up a guy who led the league in three pointers and shot a respectable .40% from the arc just to get a guy who may get 4-5 more assists a game and a couple of steals. I think with Yao on the low block, having Brooks, Martin and Battier behind the arc with Scola at the elbow makes this a dangerous offense. No way I give up any of our starters or Budinger for Bosh..I just dont think he is that much more of an upgrade over Scola.

17. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

First of all, we probably wont have to give up Scola at all.

I think a package of Jeffries + Battier + Hill + Budinger + NY 2012 pick could get it done. Then we can prearrange a buyout for Battier like Big Z in Cleveland, or if not, I could live with giving up Battier.

Second of all, Bosh not a upgrade over Scola? Please! He rebounds better, defends better, and can score at a more efficient rate.

18. DaDakota

Asid, think of it this way.

Bosh would cost the team like $17 million and going up from there.

Scola probably costs about $8 million.

So, for $9 million more cap space you get about 7 or 8 points and 3 more rebounds.

Is an 8 and 3 player worth $9 million a year?

DD

19. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Except that $9 million wouldn't be cap space.

20. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Not to mention, that's a horrible way to compare something. DD, nice frame job..

Hey guys! I know lots of you want Dwayne Wade, but think about this.. Aaron Brooks cost ~3M and Dwayne Wade would cost ~17M!

So, for ~14M more cap space you get about 7 pts and 2 more rebounds.

Is a 7 and 2 player worth $14M a year?

LTF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.