1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Bosh or Chris Paul?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yao#1, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If you're going by who is the better player, you pick Chris Paul. Bosh is a very, very talented forward who would be an excellent addition to the Rocks, but Chris Paul is a far better point than Chris Bosh is a power forward. This is, of course, pure speculation, but using the idea that you pick the better player, regardless of need, I would have to go with CP3.

2. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Is there anymore room on your boat? I like our players, heart and hustle is something way up on my list of what makes a great player. You can't teach that, either you got it or you don't. For the right price I'd like Bosh, because talent also takes you along way, but "think big" and don't throw away too much on him.

3. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

fixed.

4. Hmm

Hmm Member

if Scola reports to training camp with an injury next season... we'll know who to blame.......

5. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

There must be a really fine line between a "crappy"and a winning team. Toronto only lost 3 or 4 more games than the Rockets.

And you always crack me up with this system nonsense. Bosh is a 7 footer with range, ball handling and passing ability, post moves, positional versatility, and shot blocking. Explain to me how that wouldn't translate to our system which seems to be working wonderfully.....

6. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Cp3 is such a ball hog, he doesnt fit our system.

7. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Clutchfans -- always looking for someone to blame. :p

8. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Yes. All defensive team is getting more and more like a popularity and reputation team.

His not the worst defender out there, but the very best defensive PG? Rajon Rondo and Deron Williams says hi.
    The PG position is getting bigger by the year. It use to be only Kidd and Davis, then come in Williams. And now Rose, Evans and Curry as well. John Wall, Rubio will be entering the fray soon.

Size may be a smaller issue on the wings compare to in the paint, but when the difference is this big. You really have to wonder how well will CP3 cope defensively.

Steals like his which are largely based on playing the passing lane instead of picking the pocket are generally stat padders for me. If steals is a large part of defense for you, then AI and Davis are among the best defenders ever.

9. choujie

choujie Member

You are an idiot homer times two if you think the assets Rockets have can land them two franchise players and still keep Yao/Martin/Ariza/Lowry. in the lineup.

10. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

If you all stopped being subjective...

11. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Its ok though, we don't need any stars! Keep our role players, and they will lead us to the playoffs like this sea... oh yea.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Here's an interesting blog post about Paul's injury and the possibility of more problems down the line. I've heard before that meniscus repair, when done arthroscopically, is great for getting a player back on the court as soon as possible, but terrible for the long-term effect it has on the knee.

It would be interesting to get an opinion on this from someone with a stronger medical background than I have (I'm limited to diagnosing my own headaches and bandaging up scuffed knees).

13. battousai

battousai Member

yeah, i agreed.

is chris+scola vs brooks+Bosh? which combo is better?

Personally I think CP3+scola is the better outcome as a good true PG can get everyone involved and just look at the Jazz vs Nugg series. DW pretty much tok care of everything with connecting to boozer for easy basket.

14. VBG

VBG Member

Sounds like T-Mac all over again.

A superstar in the league who gets injured a lot

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

In the Leastern conference.

Rick Adelman has said it takes about 3 years to learn the system, and Scola has a leg up on Bosh...

I think Bosh would be fine, I would love to have him but not if we have to give up too much.....no starters in other words.

DD

16. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

I dont think he had many options to share the ball with on that team.

17. DaDakota

But he has a point, this is an offense that doesn't need a guy to dictate every possession.

It needs 5 offensive threats all setting screens and moving off the ball.

DD

18. worzel gummidge

I think that was Bobby Jackson. Adelman says he doesn't stick to a system, it's dependant on who's on the roster.

19. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Whose the last team to win a championship playing like that? The Pistons? And the last before them? Were they the exception?

Five offensive threats in constant movement sounds nice for your kids basketball game, but it doesn't necessarily lead to success in the NBA. You need an elite player to win a championship, not Cornell's NCAA team.

20. DaDakota

You certainly do need great players, not sure where I ever said the opposite.

And Bosh, is not an elite player.....he is an all star, but not one that will lead teams anywhere.

In fact, what you need are people that can create for themselves and others when all else breaks down.

We have one player like that right now, Brooks......

DD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.