1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Bosh or Chris Paul?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yao#1, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joesr

joesr Member

I think Chris Paul is available. Since he got hurt that rookie has been putting up the same numbers for rookie price. You add the cost dif....

2. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Just do not like CP3. Too much of a ball hog. And whats the point of trading away AB when you are getting another PG that is just too small to defend anyone?

And his injuries? Surprise that no one brought this issue up.

His a definate upgrade on the offensive end over AB thats for sure. But at his contract, size and recent injuries I really doubt his that much better than AB+fillers+picks.

3. da_juice

da_juice Member

Hmmm... I think Chris Paul is the better player but I think Bosh is not the only the better fit but is also needed more. We need another big, we really don't need another point guard

4. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Uhhm...are you refering to Chris Paul who was 1st team NBA All-Defensive team last season and 2nd team the season before? The same guy with all the steals? He can't defend anyone?

5. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I actually like this trade ... But Scola would have to agree to go to Toronto, given that his a ristricted free-Agent ...

--RB

6. amaru

amaru Member

I have a feeling that Cuban is watching every move Morey makes and is ready to through major $ at Morey's targets.

In the case of Bosh......young talent @ Toronto and cash considerations.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Neither...unless we can get them for backup pieces and picks.

DD

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Erm, yeah. CP3 is one of the best defense point guards in the NBA, which by the way illustrates that height isn't everything, and if AB works hard at improving his defense (and bulks up a little) he could be a fine defensive player.

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Everyone seems to be clamoring, but I look at how much success a team, like the Thunder is having against the Lakers (and looking at what the Rockets and Nuggets did to them last year and in a few games this season).

I honestly think getting Chris Bosh is overkill in one sense, where we have to potential to field a good power unit, next year (Scola, Hill, Hayes, and Draft Pick #1).

Being good by our sum of parts is not a bad way to go, having Martin/Budinger at SG, Ariza/Battier at SF with Brooks/Lowry at PG, while the front court would include Hayes, Scola, Hill, Jeffries, Yao, A FA Center, and Draft Pick #1.

This team does not have problems scoring, as it did in JVG era, and the defense will certainly improve with return of Yao and acquisition of a backup center.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

And how many games did they win? There are plenty of guys who ca put up stats.

11. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

DD, one thing I've noticed about you is that you overvalue our players.

Not that it is a bad thing, IMO.

I gotta give to ya, you have balls though!

12. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

I'd be happy if he could just improve to an average defensive player.

13. amazinghappens

for our team, I would rather have Bosh over Cp3.

14. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

as much as i hate chris paul, i would like him on my team, he is a gamer. just like someone said he has proven he can win with nothing around, as opposed to bosh who hasnt proven anything other than that he can put up meaningless stats on a losing team.

that being said, why would NO want brooks when they have collison already? collison has proven he can start if chris paul is hurt. why would they want the 2 best players on their team to be point guards. would they slide brooks to the 2 and have the smallest back court in the league? if they trade paul it will not be for another pg, thats overkill, they have a pretty good one waiting in the wings...

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

CP3 is better but Bosh would be a WAY better fit on this current team. To win the Western Conference you have to go through the Lakers which means you need to have size up front. Yao + Bosh + Scola + (2010 lottery pick) gives us the type of bodies needed to compete with Gasol/Bynum/Odom.

16. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

I'm in the same boat. I'd love to have either, BUT not for too many of our pieces. I'd rather not lose Brooks or Scola. CP has proven to be a winner but Brooks is no slouch. As far as Bosh I'm on the fence, But I do know Scola is a winner as well.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I value players that know the system and are getting better on a winning team over players that get decent numbers on a crappy team.

I don't for one second think Bosh is a Superstar and CP3 is a punk (great player) but I don't like him.

DD

18. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Gonna say Chris Bosh just for the simple fact that its very rare that two teams trade within the same division.

19. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

someone said it already. Hes too ball dominant and he needs to run pick and rolls to consistantly get good looks in the half. Our offense is all about movement, spacing, and long range shooting. Paul is a great player, and he'd adapt to our style, but its not an ideal fit. Bosh would be the better choice.

20. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

I'm not alone. :O

I just don't see what everybody else sees in Bosh.
    I'd prefer Scola who pretty much never gets healthy and is all hustle, all heart.

I think I just become attached to certain players too fast.

I say we just explore options in the draft, try and make a run at Wade or Lebron, and find a backup center..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.