1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Bosh Hospitalized in Miami

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Celebriduck, Feb 19, 2015.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Gotcha, I thought I read somewhere February was date but that makes sense. This way they're sure they're off the hook and he doesn't have to play for competition immediately.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I love his talent but . . man . . i don't want him jeopardizing his life

Rocket River

Yung-T likes this.
  3. abaker28

abaker28 Member

100% correct and agree.
    But I just wonder if Riley is behind it all. He banked on Wade, Bosh and Dragic (after Lebron left) which didn't really pay off especially given Bosh's problems. Now he's put the house on Whiteside which lost him Wade. So could Riley now be cutting his losses, irrespective of whether Bosh's problem are genuinely a long term thing? This way he gets to re-invest with the cap space into another player to build around Whiteside and Winslow?
    Would be interesting to see an outcome of an independent doctor with no vested interest.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

5. malakas

malakas Member

My take from the Bosh's article is that it's an existential crisis. That's why he's so much in denial. All his life he has been identifying himself as a basketball player so now that it's been taken away from him he feels lost and powerless.
    Many former pro athletes in sports when they retire go through that and often fall into depression.

Yung-T likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Though the Heat must wait until at least Feb. 9 to release Chris Bosh to clear him from its cap (pending a doctor agreeing he shouldn’t play), ESPN’s Zach Lowe reported the Heat won’t release him until after March 1 so he’s not playoff eligible elsewhere.

But unless the Heat wants to use all the cap space created by the elimination of Bosh’s cap hit at the trade deadline (unlikely), the Heat might want to wait well beyond March 1, perhaps after the regular season, for an entirely different reason:

Once he plays 25 regular season or playoff games with another team, his salary goes back on Miami’s cap.

Lowe wrote he expects another team to sign Bosh at the minimum, but we hear Bosh – who wants to play again – isn’t necessarily planning to play this season.

At the moment, an attempted comeback next season is considered more likely (with another team, if he can find one to clear him medically), though it’s impossible for Bosh or anyone to know how soon he can play.

Bosh is making no attempt, at this time, to force the issue and make the Heat release him.

The players union would consider getting involved only if Bosh decides in February or March that he wants to try to play immediately, and the Heat hasn’t yet released him.

Regardless of all of this, it’s questionable if any team doctor will clear him. Pat Riley already has said that the Heat is no longer working toward a Bosh return to the court.
    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article108717512.html

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Morey is going to be at the front of the line.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member