1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Bosh Hospitalized in Miami

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Celebriduck, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Exiled

Exiled Member

thanks , an improvement for once ,other thoughts it's a 5th grader from AL. posting on CF

89 blood clot, 91 AF along with anemia ( could be a thalassemia/ or GI bleeding from Aspirin)

-I recall he had his 1st cardioversion in November, then a few days later he went again for another episode.
    -beta-blocker would work against Digoxin
    -TEE if performed , would eliminated the 1-2 days waiting

placebo would give Aspirin a run for the effect , as recent studies suggested ,it could be too used with another thinner to target multiple inhibitory factors

he had low blood pressure, but his heart was working hard: you raise the pressure but you slow the palpitation

the similarity there in term of risks. I rather have control over INR ,rather than relying on factor 10 hints . I understand your opinion completely but once again different approaches can vary by person

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bosh still intends to play, says if you don’t understand, you ‘don’t understand being a winner’

In another installment in his continuing series for Uninterrupted, sidelined Heat forward Chris Bosh said he fully intends to play again and said it’s a case of simply following his dreams and has nothing to do with money.

Bosh will be paid the remaining $76 million of his contract whether he plays or not, with insurance covering part of it.

The video was released on Tuesday but Bosh indicated it was taped Sept. 23 or 24.

“I’m going to try to play basketball,” he said. “We’re going to go everywhere and do everything it takes to get back out there. If people can’t understand that, you don’t understand being a winner. I just choose to follow my dreams.”

Bosh said playing basketball is “what I’ve been placed here to do. You really have to fight for the things you want to do and the things you really love. When does that stop?

“When we first started this whole process, with the filming of this, I had total confidence it was going to be routine. I would get my checkup and do my physical and we would be in camp. Unfortunately, with the news I found out yesterday I won’t be in Miami, I’m trying to figure things out. I’m just as confused as anybody else. I’ve been playing basketball my whole life. I feel I have so much more to give.

“People who see the money and see my situation and say, ‘Hey just walk away.’ I totally get it. I understand it. But I’m not really thinking about money. I’m thinking about where my heart is. I love the NBA. I love playing basketball every day for a living.”

Bosh then became introspective in the video.

“That’s the part that makes me confused,” he said. “It’s right there. All I have to do is leave. You will never hear from me. I will do other things and I’ll be fine, and that makes it confusing because I know where my heart is.

“I would feel like I would be giving up if I just walked away easily like that. I know the love for the children I have, the wife I have. I don’t want to disappoint them. But I also want my children to know daddy was a fighter and he didn’t give up very easily.”

“It’s kind of the thing: Am I on the right path? Am I on the wrong path because it’s hard? Am I on the right path because it’s hard? It’s really confusing because this is my livelihood and career we’re talking about. Our mentality as athletes and competitors as people is to defy the odds.”

It’s questionable if a doctor with another NBA team would ever clear Bosh after another clotting episode.​

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's gonna be a Rocket. I can feel it.

4. SunsRocketsfan

yup..and with the "everyone is an asset" view of morey and les they wont give a flying f if he drops dead on the court.

CertifiedTroll likes this.
  5. CertifiedTroll

Cap space.

6. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

I have this ominous feeling that he's gonna join the Rockets this season...

7. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Seems like a bit of an overreaction?

8. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Yep. Especially as Capella and Nene look ok so far at the 5. (so no need for a Noels or Okafor trade)
    Now with Beasley gone and still no Dmo re-signing, this looks plausible, especially after Morey tried to get him a few years back.
    Doesn't need to be a starter to begin with and can come in behind Anderson.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Wiltjer is already better than Bosh in every conceivable way. A young stud that can shoot it and knows how to play the stretch 4 or 3 perfectly for this team. You'd let a guy like that backing up Anderson drown on the bench? Who cares about Bosh? He's worthless at this point. Good luck to him anyhow....

10. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I really like Wiltjer and hope he can continue his good form and make the grade. But as yet he doesn't even have a contract with us, let alone any realistic chance of seeing meaningful minutes this season. D-League is where he'll spend this season IMO.
    I'm just saying it's plausible Morey would exploit this opportunity with Bosh and I think it's worth the risk provided we're cautious.
    Anderson we all know is injury prone and outside of him who else would get minutes at the 4? And please don't say Harrell.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

$40+ million tied up at the 4? Really... Bosh isn't even playing preseason because the doctors haven't cleared him. Unless it's somekind of buy out and acquire on the cheap. That Wiltjer kid is sure looking NBA ready. Just a fast no non-sense release and then activity to block out or go for a rebound... It's better to develop that than play a Chris Bosh..

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Is this trolling? Sorry if I don't get it

Chris Bosh was an All-Star LAST YEAR.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

DEANDRE JORDAN: CHRIS BOSH SHOULD COME TO CLIPPERS... 'I'll Come Off the Bench!'

If Chris Bosh wants to continue his NBA career, he should do it in LOS ANGELES -- so says DeAndre Jordan who tells TMZ Sports he's willing to sacrifice minutes to get CB on the Clippers.

With the Miami Heat moving to cut ties with Bosh over his blood clot condition, the 11-time All-Star appeared in a video on Tuesday vowing continue to pursue his NBA career.

So, when we shot Jordan out in L.A. Tuesday night, we asked what he thinks Bosh should do next.

"I think that he should come to the Clippers ... I'd come off the bench!" ​

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. alethios

alethios Member

17. alethios

alethios Member

Ack! you beat me to it :p

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Kind of shady... I mean if they truly believe he's done why not wave before.

19. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Because Pat "Wade isn't worth $50 mil but Tyler Johnson is" Riley

CCity Zero likes this.
  20. alethios

alethios Member

Because it helps their cap situation for next season (from what B/R article is saying).

CCity Zero likes this.