1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chinese Basketball Authority Not Ruling Out Requiring Yao to Play in FIBA Asia

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

how about give them James White and Chuck Hayes in exchange for yao's rights to have a free summer. James and Chuck are certainly not as good as yao even in combination, but they are both far better than all the other players on yao's chinese basketball team.

2. hoopwoo

hoopwoo Member

crazy idea!! :D they are not Chinese!! Can't play on behalf on China in international games.

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

The money thing may make sense.

What if they are just angling for some help in the tournament?

Players can't play, but what if we send them an assistant coach and a trainer. I'm sure that, considering they are playing at home and are already favourites, that would put them over the top.

I really could care less because Yao WILL be in China this summer whether he's playing or not and will engage in far mroe strenuous workouts than this on his own.

I'm just thinking he has a duty and surely he won't abandon his own country. We may be able to find something where all parties are happy.

4. newengland

newengland Member

Yao, please tell the Chinese Basketball Association to go take a hike - obviously there's nothing they can do about you anymore.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yao is bigger than China now. I'm sure he can claim asylum anyways.

6. landryfans

landryfans Member

Chinese are happy under commies, they well deserve each other.

7. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

c'mon, Yao, , take a break! Be 100% healthy and get us a title! Dont you think you have something you havent achieved--a NBA trophy

8. dave18

dave18 Member

you guys are obviouly clueless about how much yao are proud of his country and how much he always wants to fight for his country.

9. huflungpu

huflungpu Member

Man the Chinese team should look to the future and call up Chongqing phenom Hoo Flung Poo instead.

Both china and Yao should remember who pays his checks. If Yao were still playing for Shanghai he'd be as famous/rich as Sum Yung Guy or Tang Zheng Dong right now.

10. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

as a chinese fan, im pretty sure Yao wont play this year, as he already indicated last year that he wont play in the next Olympics. "three times is enough" was his quote.
    and CBA wouldnt really force him to do that, because they dont wanna have an awkward situation with the most popular icon in Yao Ming.

11. MandM's

MandM's Member

i think yao has a trainer and assnt coach sikma went last year. but still the year round thing bothers me. how long can he do that?

i don't think they can make yao do anything

12. AttackTheRack

AttackTheRack Member

Yao doesn't need to play. If he does, he has no one to blame but himself.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

If Yao plays, he has no backbone.

With this recent foot issue he REALLY needs the time off.

14. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Hey CBA Official ... take a hike.

15. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Yao seriously needs to rest. Please just say no.

16. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

F**** THAT!!!!!!

Hes done enough for his country. im not saying play only for the rockets,but his health is really a concern. i know he loves the game but at some point hes got to get some rest.

17. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I wouldn't be surprised to see Yao take the summer off, especially if we go deep in the playoffs. You'd think he'd really be looking forward to a rest, but then again he's rested a lot when he's been hurt. I think Yao sent a few signals after the Olympics, though, that it's the appropriate time for China to start envisioning their national team without him.

18. Seth

Seth Member

Please stop talking about things that you don´t know, Yao CANNOT ask for assylum in the US, because the US and China are friends between each other, it´s not that China is Cuba, you know.

If Yao would like not to play for China, he would have to go and work onto a country with no extradition law. (Such as china lol) If he brokes (or any chinese) any law that goes for chinese people he can be extradited and punished as every other chinese can in the US. Right now the US won´t go against the Chinese Goverment for Yao, sorry, but he is not THAT valuable.

The best thing the Rox could do is do a good medical reserch, and present them with real effects of Yao playing all summers, he will play anyway, but maybe he can be limited to less possible minutes.

19. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

This is not exactly a looming international crisis. Neither the Rockets nor China are going to tell Yao what to do, nor could they. Yao will decide to play or not.

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

They would never do it but they could easily refuse to let him play in NBA.