1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[chinadaily] Tracy McGrady's team misses playoffs, not even a starter now in China

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, Jan 30, 2013.

?

Tracy should

1. pretend it's the first round and retire from basketball

38 vote(s)
    63.3%
  2. come back and achieve Marbury like glory in the CBA

22 vote(s)
    36.7%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/m/qingdao/2013-01/30/content_16187051.htm

Updated: 2013-01-30

QINGDAO-- Ex-NBA star Tracy McGrady and Chris Daniels combined to lead Qingdao Double Stars to a 135-130 home victory over Shanxi on Tuesday, but they still missed out on a spot in the playoffs of Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) League.

Daniels, an ex-NBDL player, notched game-high 40 points and 21 rebounds. McGrady didn't appear in the starting lineup, but still scored 27 points.

Charles Gaines, the top scorer of last season in CBA, paced Shanxi with 32 points.

"I thought Charles Gaines would play a longer time tonight, so I wanted Daniels, instead of McGrady, to defense him at the beginning," said Zhang Shizhang, coach of Qingdao.

The home team raced to an 8-0 lead before Shanxi managed to tie in the 10th minute.

Shanxi leveled the score again with 33 seconds remaining and the game went to overtime play. Then Daniels scored six points and Li Tao buried a three-pointer to seal the victory for Qingdao.

"Although we had already no chance to reach the playoffs, but our players still tried their best. I am touched for that," said Zhang Shizhang.

2. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Wow this is just crazy, the guy cannot even make the playoffs in China??

3. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

4. Orange

Orange Member

How pathetic. Morey you were right to trade this scrub, all those haters who criticized you for it are pathetic and wrong. This guy has done nothing after 07-08.

5. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Meh, if people are still willing to pay him and he still wants to play for whatever reason, I say keep playing. It's well known that he'll give you the occasional entertaining moment, but I think now a days he's more known for his laziness and DNPs due to injury, soreness, yeast infection, etc. He's like a publicity stunt.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He retired from the NBA. Calm down.
    Some of you people are a little obsessive... :eek:

7. Pringles

Pringles Member

Even Bonzi Wells did well in China....

8. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

This is crazy! He can't even make playoffs in China against Chinese and ex-NBDL players.

He should just retire before he re-injures his knees. I feel sorry for him.

9. da_juice

da_juice Member

他的故障,他是抱歉.

10. jojolover

jojolover Member

This google translation sucks.

11. pocketrocket81

his fault, he was sorry

12. tinman

Supporting Member

http://www.china.org.cn/sports/2013-02/01/content_27868312.htm
    McGrady's Qingdao Doublestars lose to Zhejiang

0 Comment(s)Print E-mail Xinhua, February 1, 2013

Tracy McGrady scored 22 points as his team Qingdao Doublestars lost to Zhejiang 129-122 in the 30th round of Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) here on Friday.

McGrady wasn't in the startling lineup and earned only three points in the first half.
    Chris Daniels paced Qingdao with a team-high 34 points.

Five players of Zhejiang hit 10-plus points, and Forbes top-scored with 42 points.

Daniels, an ex-NBDL player, buried two three-pointers at the very beginning as Qingdao set up a 15-7 advantage. But Zhejiang bounced back and narrowed the gap to three points when the first quarter ended.

The visitors took the upper hand in second quarter and established a 20-point lead midway in the third quarter. Qingdao managed to cut down the deficit to seven points with three minutes remaining, but could not get closer thereafter.

"This game is of great significance in our bid to reach the playoffs, and we did a good job today," said Zhejiang coach Wang Fei.

Zhang Shizhang, head coach of Qingdao, blamed weak defense for the loss.

"We got more than 110 points, and it's enough," Zhang said. "However, we let Zhejiang score 129 points, so it is defense in which we should improve."

[​IMG]

13. Zackery

Zackery Member

It was only half a decade ago when Tmac and Kobe were considered equals. Now look where he is and where Kobe is.

14. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

STILL hasn't gotten past the first round.

15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

yeah, they're both achieving similar results. both missing out on the playoffs. :(

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

30th round?! WTF

17. tinman

Supporting Member

They play 32 games aka rounds in a season there.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Hahaha dumb tof logic. Tmac can't even start 32 games in a 32 game season.

19. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I wasn't happy with the way Mac handled things at the end of his tenure with the Rockets. But, I rooted like Hell for him to succeed while he was here.

I've been a fan of the Rockets for a very long time and there have been players that I love, players that were disappointing, players that infuriated me and so on.

What I don't understand is the constant need to make a guy look bad because some TOF's came along with Mac and maybe he didn't live up to expectations. This doesn't make you a greater fan nor does being a 99er than others here.

Tinman, I appreciate that you "school" fans with Rockets history that come over with a certain player but, where is the line between teaching and just being a dick to be a dick. Give it a rest, please.

20. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oleKfixy-7A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>