1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

China vs USA

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by TracyMcgradyMVP, Aug 5, 2008.

1. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

best player
    kobe's d>>>>>>>>lebron's d
    kobes offensive skills> lebron's offensive skills
    kobes effiency<lebrons effiency
    lebron may be more efficient but that doesnt mean hes the better player
    well i dont want to derail this thread anymore

2. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

oops, lebron's effiency>kobe

3. drich

drich Member

that is all part of basketball. I don't know if you ever played or not but I would take Lebron's game over Kobe settling for jumpers any day of the week.

A jump shooting team will never win a championship (Phoex., Dallas, GS, and now LA). As we saw this year the shots fall the first half when your legs are fresh, but come fourth quarter they will stop.

This is why I take a Lebron over Kobe because Lebron continues to put pressure on the defense by going to the rack (Paul Pierce did it to Kobe and La. in the finals)

4. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

I was not the one who was giving Kobe sole credit for the three championships! LOL You are making my point again... the three championships was a team effort not Kobe solo effort.

5. drich

drich Member

MVP does not mean best player in the league, if that was the case MJ would have gotten damn near every year. Kobe was the best player in the league when Nash won it hell even when Dirk won it. So you are wrong on that note.

6. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

First of all, blocks and steals are some of the most overrated stats in basketball. They tell you very little about actual defense as Marcus Camby and Chris Paul continue to show. I hope that you will atleast agree with that. If not we can pretty much end our discussion.

My comment about Yao having an advantage before the jump comes from his shoulders being placed higher than Howards. Although, the proportion to wingspan and height may be different i think their actual wingspan is about the same. So, it is also logical to say that Yao has an advantage before the jump.

Anyway, lateral movement is Howard's real advantage over Yao in defense. Yao routinely gets destroyed by athletic 4's. Dwight does not, he is more versatile and that is the difference. Why is it so hard for people to hear someone is better than Yao at something?

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

You know ekim, you call it "embarrassing" I call it being a leader. Yao know there will be another day and he's trying to keep his spirits up. If hadn't did anything they I'm guessing you would be posting about how Yao doesn't care and how he's given up. The guy is probably 70% healthy and you're complaining about him struggling (even though he rebounded) and motivating his team!? :rolleyes:

8. RocksMillenium

So I guess that makes Jordan a loser for passing off to Paxson and Kerr. :rolleyes:

9. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

What evidence do you have that Dwight doesn't get destroyed by athletic fours? Chris Bosh has had good games against him. Granted it's just one player but I've seen him give as much space to shooting bigs as Yao does.

10. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

yea, but his GUT says Nash is the best player in the league... even by definition MVP does not mean best. IMO Rafer was our MVP last year, does that mean I think he is the best Rockets player? HECK NO. Idiotic...

11. RocksMillenium

Is that why the Chinese team attacked Howard, because they were afraid of him?

12. Emma

Emma Member

Howard can't do anything but dunks and dunks and dunks. Everything else is getting blocked. Everything else is getting him embarrassed.He's just a bigger kind of Carl Landry. and he can't hit free throws. Poor Orlando fans with their team built around a highly overrated center

13. RocksMillenium

Why is it so hard for you to hear that someone thinks that Howard isn't better then Yao something?

14. rocketsregle

I wouldn't feel too sorry for them. As limited as he is offensively, he is a very, very good player.

15. Man

Man Contributing Member

dwight howard is one of the best big men in the game.

16. Laozi

Laozi Member

That was a completely different Shaq then the one that lead L.A. to multiple championships.

Oh, and Lebron is worlds better then Kobe, not even close.

17. rocketsregle

yep yep yep

18. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Now its a team effort?? 10 minutes ago it was ALL SHAQ! make up your mind, and I was in no way implying that kobe did it all by himself they way you say lebron played one on 5 to the confrence finals. Im gonna have an aneurysm arguing with you.

19. devin23

devin23 Member

Man team china doesn't like to pass to yao or they just not good enough of passer to give it to him? Seen him open or had low post position multiple times and they pass him up.

20. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

Kobe's D? whats the measure? Rebound? Kobe gets owned, steal? It's about the same. Offense? FG%? He gets owned? Assists? He gets owned again. So lets see, again its friggin perception. I don't count style points here.