1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

China vs USA

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by TracyMcgradyMVP, Aug 5, 2008.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

Aus 81-73 China
    Aus 77-66 China

Aus 61-63 China

Aus 71-58 China
    Aus 89-50 China

Aus 82-84 China

2. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

I'm so sick of everyone acting like the US "loses" if they don't beat everyone by 50. For one......these other olympic teams practice year 'round together in addition to playing with each other for years. They also have US coaches, assistants, and former players teaching them the game. The US, on the other hand, is just NOW starting to get these guys to commit to the team on a 3-year basis so that chemistry can be established and they can work together as a team. The truth is that we still have the best players in the world and once we get a little time together.....you'll see them start to flex their muscle more.

Youve also got to consider that they were intentionally sitting jason kidd and you can just tell that they aren't running the entire offense. They are not showing everything; I think you will see them put it all out there when the games actually count.

3. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Jason Kidd is done. he looks slow out there. imagine if he was guarding mills out there. the guy is finished. thats why i see the mavs not making the playoffs. devin harris>kidd. that trade is a disaster of the highest magnatiude.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it would be cool if China got a medal. But I can't see it happening.

5. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

Wow, you got all worked up because someone explained the immigration policy there. The guy was just trying to explain the Chinese immigration policy. He is not dissing anyone and he's not even talking about any other countries. Why are you such overly sensitive about it? I don't know whether what he said about the strict policy is true or not. If you do not believe it, you should do some research on the net to find information to debunk it. Trying to attack the messenger while pretending to be joking is lame.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Aussie team they played is inexperienced in various ways. Heading into that last warm up they you could say they were 3 games old starting from Saturday.

7. ROX-lover

ROX-lover Member

impossible if healthy

8. lpbman

lpbman Member

Sure China can win.

If Yao plays the game of his life, and team USA plays poorly... they can absolutely win.

I wouldn't bet on it, though.

9. lovelyfishbl

lovelyfishbl Member

Next century ... They will make it.

10. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Yeah... I don't really think it's that hard to be a Chinese citizen, but it's true they don't recognize dual citizenship.

11. jason2

jason2 Member

The target for China is quarter final, anything more than that is a huge surprise :D

12. billylin

billylin Member

I hate the Chinese basketball team since 1996 Atlanta Oly....
    And I am Chinese.
    Reason is that they have no heart and they play basketball just like playing chess.....as a Basketball fan...I cannot forgive them...

In 1996 Atlanta, China was about at the same level as Argentina...
    In group game, before the Argentina played with China, they played with US.
    Argentina tried there best to beat Dream Team III, which was considered as mission impossible in those days. They almost succeeded, in the first half they were only down by 2. Unfortunately, in that battle, two of their post player got injured.

In the other hand, China thought that they kant beat many teams , so they give up so many games, including the USA game, Lithusia game ..Crotia game...they all lost by 40++ points, they thought that they can save some effort and will have more energy to beat Argentina in this way.

Yeah...China beat Argentina in that year...they succeed and get into the 1/4 games. but I start to hate them, because they have no heart. They can even lose in Asia games...I give them up just like how I give up the Chinese soccer shiiiit.

Argentina played with heart, they tried to win any game they can. They eventually succeed...they are the first team that beat Dream team, and also they are the first team gets world champion besides dream team after 1992 Dream I. They have great progress during these years.

I like Yao, Artest, Scola...and maybe a little bit of T-Mac after 2007-2008 playoff. Because they play with heart, they tried to win any game they have.
    This is the spirit of sport.......

13. rfila

rfila Member

You see the pattern here? Aus won in odd years and China won in even years. and It is 2008 now. :)

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

:p

Aus 67-55 China

15. rfila

rfila Member

you watched the wrong games. I watched Table Tennis and Women Soccer. They were not bad. Although the women soccer team lost to USA in the final, it was a good game to wach.(unlike the FIFA cup final hold in LA a couple years later, Team USA stole the game with help from the referee)

16. rfila

rfila Member

Then why didn't you show it in your stats? because that doesn't count! We are talking about those big games :D

17. hurbustein

hurbustein New Member

i am a chinese from Jilin province.i think china can win us 2% possible.
    first of all,china'guard can't beat us'guard,us has kedd,pual and Williams,they are the world's biggest and greatest guards,so china'guard can't beat us'guard,but china only has Wang shipeng and Linan,they even has no talent to nba,how they beat the world's biggest and greatest guards?
    secondly,the front position,us has Chris Bosh,but china only has yi jianlian who is a little guy in NBA,so china'front can't beat us'front.
    finally,the center place,yao has recovery from surgery.if he is healthy ,he can beat howard ,but now he is 60-70% recovery and has'n play for a half of
    year ,so i don't so yao can beat howard .
    as a word ,china can't win us,expect the god is a chinese.in addition ,i don't want yao retire. :)

18. billylin

billylin Member

unfortunately, i am a basketball fan

19. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I like China but in my opinion the don't have too much chances...

20. mig0s

mig0s Member

I'm sorry to say but that is definately a loser's comment.