1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

China vs. Australia NBATV Sunday 12 PM PACIFIC

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by code9x, Aug 1, 2004.

1. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

maybe just move it to the hangout? i spent all this time typing up stuff!!

2. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Then we'll just have to steer the conversation this way:

Insert Trade Proposal

Insert Eyeroll and bash trade proposal

Insert Eyeroll, "we don't need another superstar"

Insert justification for trade proposal

Insert bash of justification for trade proposal

Insert alternate trade proposal

Insert token Francis bash

Insert token CD bash

Insert coin

Insert cap-violating trade proposal like, "Mo and the TE for Kidd"

Insert tinman posting pics that make fun of people's screen names

Insert posters rebuttal of tinman's arguments

Repeat the previous two for the next week.

There you go, nothing Jeff can do about that one. :p
    I kid, I kid.

3. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Are they half Japanese? Cause there's already plenty of Japanese in the Majors. My question was, "Where are the grown up Chinese Taipei Big Leaguers?"

4. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

In China, baseball is the least (I mean the least) popular sport, probably people regular playing it are in the thousands. So end of story of Chinese major league star.

But the Mariners do have a Chinese kid in training who they smuggled out of China when he was 16 (but already 6'3").

5. CCB

CCB Member

Wow, it's 3 o'clock in the morning and so many of you are still chatting about sports in China. The globalization of NBA has brought significant changes to China's basketball, esp. in training methods, on-court tactics and commercial promotions etc. With more and more Chinese kids taking AI, KG, KB(not his off-court behav) as their idol and being crazy in playing basketball, I'm sure there will be more than one Yao Ming in the future.

6. zhaozhilong

zhaozhilong Member

I couldn't resist to answer yipengzhao.

Let's see, China regularly produces world champions in: diving, table tennis, badminton, gymnastics, shooting, weight lifting, volleyball(women), soccer(women), and, once in a while, swimming. In most other events, China dominates Asian sports. They are trying to narrow the gap with the international sporting level in those other events.

Most countries are very good at only a few major events in Olympics. Not just China. For example, USA dominates in track & field and swimming. MOST of their gold medals come from there. Take track & field out of olympics, USA will not be the top medal winner.

In fact, no country is going to be very good at many events.

It is very difficult to produce a world champion in this modern times if you don't have the best technology, training, supplements, and foodtech. There is always the catching up phase, especially for China who has for the most part of 20th century almost disconnected itself from the world.

So please look at the reasons, condition, and the current trend of development of sports in China, don't just look at the present state. China is headed in the right direction. One must learn how to run before one learns how to fly.

Ok, now this thread can be locked.

7. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

8. fa7999

fa7999 Member

I am talking about the one at the end of 3rd quarter. He grabbed an offensive board and slammed it home in one sequence. Even the color commentator was impressed with that play.

9. Bobliu

Bobliu Member

Yeah, a lot of teams are interested ... but he is NOT a free agent. He is projected as an early second round draft. If he performs in the Olympics, he could be a late first rounder ...