1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

China vs. Australia NBATV Sunday 12 PM PACIFIC

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by code9x, Aug 1, 2004.

1. brasss

brasss Member

that Yi kid looks to be good. plus he looks pretty ripped w/ 0 bodyfat. look at the pic with his abs showing. washbord.

2. kh0001

kh0001 Contributing Member

It must be boring. :)

KH

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Next time start a new thread in the correct forum. He is not a Rocket and the draft is over. :)

4. hdd

hdd Member

more Yao...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D :D :D

5. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

It looks like they are watching the his Holiness the baby Dalai Lama in this picture. :D :D

6. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

And someone please start a caption thread for this, it is too funny.

7. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

Yao looks like the ugly Ha-Seung-Jin dude...:)

It seems he's playing with an attitude. He's pumped :D

#87 snowmt01, Aug 1, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2004
  8. Sane

Sane Member

Yao looks smaller, he used to be slightly bigger.

Some people are saying he's a bit lighter on his feet - can we assume that Yao has dropped some fat, which is why looks smaller and quicker?

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Chinese team is going to be piggybacked by Yao. There is no way Del is going to wear Yao out before the Olympics.

The Boomer's have struggled against Yao in the past few years. China are a one-man team. That's the reason why they went for the treys.

10. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

According to some translated chinese articles, Yao is down to 305 lbs. And according to Falsone and Gundy's orders he's supposed to get down to 300 lbs. If you press Pryuen, he can give you the details.

Not sure why the change in philosophy regarding Yao's playing weight, but I guess they've realized that they shouldn't try to make Yao into Shaq. He wasn't able to hold his 318-320 last year for the whole season, and ended up losing all of the extra weight he gained from the previous offseason.

I think this will work out better. Let Yao slim down to 300 but keep on building up his strength. If he can gain strength but also get back some quickness, then he can still be a force.

#90 m_cable, Aug 1, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2004
  11. hooroo

hooroo Member

jvg made a reference to yao's poor stamina in a radio interview. so maybe having yao shed some weight will improve this?

12. max14

max14 Member

How did Australia's No.6 ( 9? ) Andrew Bogut play ? I like that kid a lot. He is also projected to be a future high pick. What do ya all think ?

13. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

no doubt about it he will be a high pick, i love the way he plays.... just need to get a bit stronger in the upper body and also work on his foot speed

he played great a couple weeks back in the 3 game series with new Zealand

there appears to be mixed talk about whether he is heading back to Utah or will try Europe for a year, then nominate for the next draft, with the lameness of the last draft maybe he should have declared for it.......

14. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

15. cxsboy

cxsboy Member

16. max14

max14 Member

Thanks for all the info.

I'm currently residing in NZ.... so whatever. :D

17. Loco Gringo

Loco Gringo Member

With all the photo's from China's team posted in this thread it looks like they thrashed them.. heh.. I didn't see the game but no doubt the height of Yao would've killed the Aussie team.. Also they were missing Chris Anstey (7fter that played a little NBA) but I don't think he would've made too much of a difference.. I doubt they will get a medal but it'll be a good experience for the younger players trying to get a spot in the NBA...

18. paxil

paxil Contributing Member

Yao was in foul troublethe first half. He collected two foul in 6 min.

19. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Yi is built like a seven foot Bruce Lee. He can probably be thin and strong like David Robinson.

20. TheReason

TheReason Member

Actually, the shot was blocked and Yao had to jump twice. Once for the reb and again for the slam. I know, it's nitpicking:)