1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

China PUSHED by Korean skater, Commentators: China slipped WTF?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tomjc, Feb 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Listen, you self-claimed righteous whatever ..., one might be able to pretend for a month or a year, but not over the years.

Keep D & D civil ... ONLY IF you agree with me. LOL.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So you really expect someone to sing kumbaya and dance around a fire in harmony after reading a couple of posts like these?

Sorry, but I'm not feeling the warmth and humanity.

3. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Don't kid yourself. I do not expect anything. This is D & D, I never want to change anyone or anyone's thought on anything.

It was just my honest observation over all these years. Whenever the word "China" is mentioned, no matter whatever it is about, it will involve KingCheetah's picture posting, mixed with name calling and insulting from different posters. As a matter of fact, this thread is a perfect example for that. That's why I would put the thread right here as well, if I were the OP, to save Mods some work.

As for my second post, again, it was my honest observation over all these years, for the above mentioned reason. To me, KingCheetah is the very definition of a troll here in D & D, it doesn't matter what he/she is in real life. This is a free country, you can consider him/her your comrade or best friend as you like, I am not interested and don't want to change your opinion.

To me, all trolls are clowns, and I wanted to give OP a friendly reminder - not to waste time on them.

Good night!

4. bloop

bloop Member

The Olympics are about patriotism. That's the point of the Olympics. The era in which the Olympics were created Europe still was experiencing a period of wars and tensions across borders. The hope of the founders was that athletic competition could in some way serve as a surrogate competition between nations as well as showcase human achievement.

Put it this way, during the cold war, nothing was more important than beating the USSR in medals, and winning in the stadium was for us a way to exhibit the superiority of our culture over theirs: the superiority of our economy to support the significant cost for development of our athletes and our way of life as a way to develop talent and nurture superior human achievement.

Now that the US no longer has a rival with whom to compare, it doesn't mean all other nations will automatically adopt the attitude of the US. How successful a nation is at the Olympics says a lot about the economic power of that nation, about the efficacy of its bureaucratic institutions, generosity of its philanthropic organizations, and even the opportunities, morale and work ethic of its population.

What's wrong with nationalism? What's wrong with pride. Supporting someone simply because he's wearing our flag makes a hell of a lot of sense than supporting someone because he plays in a stadium within 20 miles of our residence (and then stop supporting them when they move). Freaking emos ruin everything

btw I dont know if that Korean pushed that Chinese in that race, but I do know that Ohno pushed off on that Canadian and that Chinese chick stepped on the Korean's skate in the relay. if you think short track is boring, you haven't watched short track. it's crazy but it's far from boring when people are wiping out and crashing every other reace

5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

The Korean didn't push if you watch the full video, not some spliced clip of when he momentarily had his hand on. The Chinese guy fell on his own way after the Korean had his hand off. Nice try though.

Try posting REAL evidence, not some screenshot sequence.