1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

China is mad at Bobby Brown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yawn- it's chalk. He didn't take a dump on the wall.

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah like some chinese do who make the streets the toilet of their home

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Maybe if he was a star they'd let him do whatever he wants.

4. Bob Barker 007

So he drew something on the fake Great Wall of Mutianyu or Badaling. It's not even real, folks. The real Wall is crumbling. I would know; I saw the real thing. Where the Rockets were ain't it.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

He did the wrong thing, was made aware of it and apologized. What more could he do? o_O

6. malakas

malakas Member

Couldn't care less.
    First of all it's not even the real wall and it's not ancient at all. Secondly ALL the Chinese do it themselves even outside of the graffiti areas.

If he wasn't an NBA "player" it would be a non story.

7. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Don't be cruel to him. Now every little step he takes will be scrutinized. We should all cool it now.

IslandB.O.I. likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I knew we should have got Bel Biv Devoe instead

[​IMG]

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I still do not know who that guy is. It is practically a nobody's name on the Great Wall. Shet happens.

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Trump responds "In 'G(ch)ina, the artist Bobby Brown wrote graffiti on the greatest wall ever...which my wall with Mexico will be better so you know. Hillary told him he could do it. I know she did. She'll go to jail for it. I promise when I'm president that not one single American will ever do this again. I know it's in chalk and first rain will wash it away. But, I will ban chalk anyway . Chalk will be outlawed under my administration and all of Bobby Brown's records will be burned." (Smirk)

#50 Surfguy, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    alethios likes this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

chalk this one up to poor judgment.

12. CertifiedTroll

Wow man good point. Seems PR was all over that:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/r...raphed-the-great-wall-of-china-065514824.html

“We were out enjoying the Great Wall. I never been, it was my first time. I wrote my name on the wall in chalk. I saw different writings – I didn’t mean any harm by it. I made a mistake. I could have just put my hand over it and erased it. It will never happen again. I’ve been playing in China for three years now and I have the utmost respect for the Chinese culture, and the way of living here. I pretty much adapted, coming from the states, here for three years. My teammates, the fans in Shenzhen and the fans all over were great to me, and I just want to sincerely apologize for that.”

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Wow. The two of you clearly have reading comprehension issues. I specifically said other people doing it is not a defense for him doing it. That was the first sentence in my post. I also asked if this was normal behavior on that section of the wall? The wall is over 5000 miles long and not even close to all of it is treated as sanctimoniously as you're defending it. Its not beyond reason that there are sections available for tourists to write their name. I defended him in the sense that he's innocent until I know more facts and was simply trying to gather information which neither of you seemed to understand. Thanks for the help though.

14. J Hard

J Hard Member

Let it be a whiteboy done it and it would be ok. Ben rothlisberger rapes a woman and theres less outcry. The whole earth hates the children of God. It can be washed off you idiots.

15. Granville

Granville Member

And Hillary will respond that the Russians spilled the beans about Brown writing on the wall so let's focus on who spilled the beans instead of who wrote on the wall.

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Tell us how you REALLY feel.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It's not the real wall anyway, All of these have been rebuilt, and there's carvings like this every great wall tourist spot I've been to

I haven't seen much grafitti on real great walls though, probably because they are hard to actually get to.

18. alethios

alethios Member

Yeah, if you read the comments, one poster said lots of Chinese actually carve their names or whatever in the stone. He was just dumb enough to post it on social media while representing the Rockets.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Deke was courtside with Yao and the Glove. Says don't write your name on the Great Wall.

20. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member